What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox V Channel 9

Perth Red

Post Whore
I prefer nine. I think because I associate the games they do with being good or important games (state of origin and Friday night football) and wined down timeslots. They don't bother with the lesser games.

Whereas I associate Fox with all those other games on Saturday afternoon that make me wonder how one goes about getting an actual life. (e.g. Warriors v Titans or Knights v Cronulla etc).

You watch league on nine, how quaint.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I prefer nine. I think because I associate the games they do with being good or important games (state of origin and Friday night football) and wined down timeslots. They don't bother with the lesser games.

Whereas I associate Fox with all those other games on Saturday afternoon that make me wonder how one goes about getting an actual life. (e.g. Warriors v Titans or Knights v Cronulla etc).
Out of curiosity, where would you rate this Saturday's 5:30 game?

AJB1102

First Grade

Souths v Bulldogs TNF - to loosely quote Mark Gasnier "that's why this game has so much important!!"

I prefer nine. I think because I associate the games they do with being good or important games (state of origin and Friday night football) and wined down timeslots. They don't bother with the lesser games

Yeah those "great" games on Channel 9 you can watch this week -

Souths (11th) v Canterbury (13th)
Broncos (4th) v Sharks (3rd)
Wests Tigers (15th) v Manly (7th).

Yeah real "quality" there in the first and last games I listed. I think I'll stick with Melbourne (1st) v Roosters (2nd) somehow and games of that ilk. Channel 9 pick games based solely on where teams are located thinking a 11th v 13th or 7th v 15th game will rate really well solely because of the teams involved. They rarely ever look at form when picking games.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Pretty ordinary

I reckon Thursday could be ok if it was only on for 10 RDS of the year ...

Would be a bit of a novelty

Every week becomes ho hum

And why can we go

6.30 Friday
And 8.20 kick off

They kick off origin at 8.20 all the time

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Who wants to be at an nrl game after 10pm on a Friday?

Who wants to be at one at 5.50pm on a Friday

The fact that nrl finishes at like 9.40 pm on a friday gives a pretty big penalty kick to the afl who now show mostly (surprise , surprise )nsw teams on fridays on seven mate live till 10.30pm

A lot of people switch over and watch the last qtr

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Who wants to be at one at 5.50pm on a Friday

The fact that nrl finishes at like 9.40 pm on a friday gives a pretty big penalty kick to the afl who now show mostly (surprise , surprise )nsw teams on fridays on seven mate live till 10.30pm

A lot of people switch over and watch the last qtr
No they don't

mongoose

Coach

So i'm guessing you think Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs or West Tigers vs Eels for the 400th time in 5 years are important games and the Storm vs Sharks, Cowboys, Raiders are not worth watching? okie dokie then

Latest posts