What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France vs England U-16s Test..

winnyason

Juniors
Trouble is parra there is one pro team for all these kids to go to, then the rest go to either OK semi products teams or average in elite. UK teams do not give them a go, the standard drops for these kids once they go to senior level while UK kids excel.

Didgi

As a side note, they've got the scorers on that page the wrong way around. Was wondering why all the English scorers sounded French and vice-versa :lol:

RedVee

First Grade
A 2nd French team is needed in the ESL for that reason, but does the ESL think another French team is needed to suit their own desires?
Same story for a 2nd NZ team in the NRL.

nadera78

Juniors
I may be wrong here but I think England split their squad into two teams with one travelling to France for a game and the other playing against Wales.

langpark

First Grade
A 2nd French team is needed in the ESL for that reason, but does the ESL think another French team is needed to suit their own desires?
Same story for a 2nd NZ team in the NRL.

Well the real question you have to ask there is, does adding 2nd team from that country increase the overall price tag for the league as a whole, in terms of sponsorship and TV deals. I believe the answer to be 'yes' in both cases, especially in the SL/Toulouse case...

RedVee

First Grade
Well the real question you have to ask there is, does adding 2nd team from that country increase the overall price tag for the league as a whole, in terms of sponsorship and TV deals. I believe the answer to be 'yes' in both cases, especially in the SL/Toulouse case...
And I feel quite likely the case for both as well. Though arguable if NZ would attract more TV money than WA or extra Qld.

France flogged England in the second test 31-10, great series win for France.

Excellent. There is hope to have increased competition in the future. Let's hope a large number of these guys go on to ESL and/or NRL careers.

Coastbloke

Bench
And I feel quite likely the case for both as well. Though arguable if NZ would attract more TV money than WA or extra Qld.

Excellent. There is hope to have increased competition in the future. Let's hope a large number of these guys go on to ESL and/or NRL careers.

That'd be great, but as Pelo is finding out, they're appears to be some prejudice...

A few weeks ago, he scored two tries in NSW Cup, got picked for the Raiders and dropped before kick off...

Dakink

Bench
That'd be great, but as Pelo is finding out, they're appears to be some prejudice...

A few weeks ago, he scored two tries in NSW Cup, got picked for the Raiders and dropped before kick off...

Just wondering where the prejudice in that is?

Coastbloke

Bench
Just wondering where the prejudice in that is?

Prejudice was probably too strong a word..

I just think he's got the form for a selection but there's the NRL 'mindset' he's not good enough because he's not Australian or Kiwi..

I just think there's a few players in France who could make it in NRL and I think Pelo is going to be disappointed if he wants a crack at NRL..

Didgi

:? They could maybe drop Wighton for him, but they've decided to stick with the talented young kid. Nothing to do with mindsets or prejudice or anything else.