What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRC - NSW v SA

aussies1st

Staff member
Indifferent start so far 4/81
Tait 3-32 off 4 overs
Hughes 15 off 21
Smith 36 off 36*
Thornely 13*

beads6

First Grade
WOW Tait is finding some form, He would be handy for the ODI series if he could stay fit.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Strange they didn't bowl Thornely earlier when you look at his figures compared to others.

aussies1st

Staff member
Nice knocks by Klinger and Christian. We paid the price for picking too many bits and pieces bowlers.

D

Deleted member 10972

While Simon Katich, Shane Watson and Doug Bollinger are in the Test team, I would like NSW to be using:

Phil Hughes
Phil Jaques
Usman Khawaja (David Warner in ODD/T20)
Dom Thornely
Steve Smith
Moises Henriques
Dan Smith
Beau Casson (Steve O'Keefe in ODD/T20)
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Burt Cockley / Mark Cameron (either is fine, to be honest)

Bracken, Clark and Lee don't have too much left to offer IMO, NSW needs to focus on their young talent in Hughes, Khawaja, Warney, Smith, Henriques, Casson, Starc, Hazlewood and Cockley. Thornely and Jaques can provide the main experience.

I don't want to see Grant Lambert or Aaron Bird playing for NSW again. Bloody average players IMO. I don't see how Ben Rohrer or Peter Forrest are much better either.