What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRC: NSW v WA

Patorick

Staff member
Anyone else note Stu Clark wearing the wrong shirt at the start of he game?

IanG

Coach
Blues win easily.
WA 179 (44.1 Overs)
Wes Robinson 78
Luke Ronchi 25
Burt Cockley 4 for 39 (8.1 Overs)

NSW 3 for 184 (36.4 Overs)
Phil Hughes 72 no
Phil Jaques 50
Steve Smith 29 no
Ashley Noffkee 2 for 34 (10 Overs)

NSW win by 7 wickets and gain a Bonus Point

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we should send Phil Hughes (and the rest of the Blues team) to India

Timbo

Staff member
we should send Phil Hughes (and the rest of the Blues team) to India

Forget Hughes, he was very scratchy early on. Got better towards the end but had a few lives.

The man who played a very classy knock was the forgotten man, Jaques.

aussies1st

Staff member
Jaques was top notch, more of these knocks and he should be pushing for a ODI spot again. He is just what we need at 3, capable of staying in when needed but also aggressive.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Jaques did look good but I'd say Hughes would be further up the pecking order atm.

Bigfella

Coach
Was an absolute cracking day at North Sydney yesterday (only wish WA scored another 80 so we got more cricket).

Blues should play every single game there to be honest. Anyone else make it out? One of the most enjoyable days watching cricket I have ever had.

I agree that Jacques looked better than Hughes watching live. Hughes to me still seems to have a lot of areas where he can't score and even looks lucky to survive.
Jacques is nowhere near the athlete that Hughes is, that's for sure.

TBH Haddin looked a class above everyone though, even in a cameo.

rabbit0h8

Juniors
Burt Cockley bowled wonderfully and really looks like he will develop into a great plater and possibly represent Australia. Jacques is a much better one day player than Hughes although Hughes is probably in front in the national pecking order.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Blues should play every single game there to be honest. Anyone else make it out? One of the most enjoyable days watching cricket I have ever had.
QUOTE]

I was there also and i agree that it was an absolute great day at the cricket. The kid's especially loved it, very family orientated atmosphere.

Latest posts