What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRC: NSW vs Vic

Bazal

Post Whore
He can be as economical as he likes, I'm not fussed. What gets me is the constant strings of none for 30-50 that he serves up as someone who is supposed to be the main spinner...

TheParraboy

Staff member
your a harsh marker

0/35 for a spinner on a small ground is bloody brilliant imo no matter what type of bowler you are, especially when you come on after your opening bowlers have done FA and gotten tanked

Bazal

Post Whore
As a stand alone figure, it is good yes. My problem, as I said, is that's a regular performance for him. IMO your frontline spinner is there to do the same job as a frontline quick, and that is take wickets...and he gets 0/ far too often for my liking. And as I said in an earlier post, pretty much our whole attack is useless without Bracks and Bollinger so it makes it even more important that he's not taking wickets

TheParraboy

Staff member
As a stand alone figure, it is good yes. My problem, as I said, is that's a regular performance for him. IMO your frontline spinner is there to do the same job as a frontline quick

its not test cricket mate,

freezing up runs is just as effective in one day form of the game, especially when you have a largish total to defend

give me a 0/35 from haurie in any one day game where we score 270 plus runs - no problems at all

Bazal

Post Whore

freezing up runs is just as effective in one day form of the game, especially when you have a largish total to defend

give me a 0/35 from haurie in any one day game where we score 270 plus runs - no problems at all

And fair enough too, I'm not going to argue your opinion. I just personally think that it doesn't help...the best way to stem the runs in an ODI or ODD (ESPECIALLY on a ground like North Sydney) is to take wickets. Hauritz held up an end for 10 overs, the Vics said "Meh!" and let him do it and still got 5/277 off 45 overs.

aussies1st

Staff member
again henriques failing with bat and ball,
hope he comes good during the season, considering all the hype about the kid

He had a good knock in our last game. Don't know about his bowling it might turn out like Watson.

eddiesmith

Juniors

The pitch was also completely suited to his style of bowling, the Vics didnt need to take any risks against him as they were scoring freely off the other bowlers, yet he wasnt good enough to force them into playing rash shots

If Hauritz took wickets then NSW may have won

aussies1st

Staff member
3/227....f**k :|

Just goes to show how much we rely on the likes of Bracken and Bollinger...without them our attack really has nothing. Cameron is erratic and has a habit of going for runs, Lambert is a part timer, Henriques is solid at best but also bowls a lot of loose deliveries, Cockley O'Keefe and Steve Smith are all inexperienced and Hauritz simply isn't a wicket taker. The only one I'd feed at the moment is Bird and even he can go for loads of runs.

We weren't able to plan for Bracken being away, so losing him has really set us back. Cameron should have been stuck with he was going alright and he was impressive in India for the A team.

aussies1st

Staff member
Would explain why Cockley came from no where to play this match then. We need Cameron at 100% seems like he hasn't been at that for most of this season.

3 away games for 3 wins all chasing 220+ for the Vics

D.Hussey yet to be dismissed with scores of 26*, 50* and 51* and both of those 50s were brought up by hitting a 6 to win the game.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Exactly, Haurie did well

Latest posts