What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FREDDY FOR NSW COACH

Drag Queen

Bench
I on the Tonga bandwagon as I think they have the team that could take on the tier 1 teams in the semis, but I was cheering on the Cedars at the end. Great game to watch.

And go Fiji.
I love Fiji too so I wouldn't be to bothered if they took this one out. Doesn't have the intensity of the previous game though, and poor crowd turnout..

SaintPauli

Juniors
True Freddie over achieved with Lebanon but his first coaching gig with the Roosters resulted in the wooden spoon. Not quite the crudentials for a coach on the biggest stage, the State of Origin against the best of the best and the Cain Toads

JDHD

Juniors
True Freddie over achieved with Lebanon but his first coaching gig with the Roosters resulted in the wooden spoon. Not quite the crudentials for a coach on the biggest stage, the State of Origin against the best of the best and the Cain Toads

He's not a club coach but god damn can he get a team of plucky under dogs up for a game. He took a City team that had no right to beat a Country team and did it twice. He's never been beaten in the U/s SOO as a coach. He's an absolutely rubbish tactician but that's why you bring in Joey to be his assistant. Joey understood Origin better than any other player in history. Joey can be the tactician and Freddy can get them up for the game and the beautiful f**kers will win it in glorious fashion.

Tez

Juniors
He's not a club coach but god damn can he get a team of plucky under dogs up for a game. He took a City team that had no right to beat a Country team and did it twice. He's never been beaten in the U/s SOO as a coach. He's an absolutely rubbish tactician but that's why you bring in Joey to be his assistant. Joey understood Origin better than any other player in history. Joey can be the tactician and Freddy can get them up for the game and the beautiful f**kers will win it in glorious fashion.
I agree. Freddy's man management and Joey's football brain could be a winning combination, along with the inclusion of some emerging stars.

Saint or sinner

Juniors
No one out there better any way....he'll go well if joey and gus Gould help him .. By the way Lebanon got robbed .. Typical video refs

Coffs dragon

Bench
Freddy did a good job but will need some decent support behind him with NRL experience as a chief advisor. Toovey, Hasler, Maguire or Cartwright....take your pick!! I don't want to see NSW Origin team become an extension of the CH.9 media team with Joey and Gus as well. That spells danger & too much media power.
Whomever takes over are getting a NSW team on the rise with QLD on the downturn with JT gone plus Slater and Smith's time nearing the end.

Drag Queen

Bench
An Origin team of Freddy, Joey and Gus will be f**king beautiful

And rumours are it's happening. Channel 9 have given Joey and Gus permission to be involved, as well as Freddy of course
Hope the rumour is true but Joey may be reluctant. He's stated before he wasn't interested in the gig.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
How good were both team.
The cedars were impressive.
I enjoy the match.
Could have watch them play for longer.
Freddie did a great job.
With the right team with him he could help NSW get the passion to match Qld.

Last edited:

JDHD

Juniors
Ever get the feeling we take one step forward and then three steps back. I can't fathom why McGregor got an extension less than half way through the season.

I think the board recognise that. All the talk out of the media has been that Mary is under massive pressure this year, and rightly so. In this case, if we underachieve, do you drop the $1.2m Kangaroos halfback? Or do you cut the coach on $500k who has been surrounded by a network of people and systems designed specifically to make him easier to replace? Off the top of my head, Neil Henry, Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey and Michael Maguire are all currently unemployed plus Paul Green is off contract after this season.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
An Origin team of Freddy, Joey and Gus will be f**
I think the board recognise that. All the talk out of the media has been that Mary is under massive pressure this year, and rightly so. In this case, if we underachieve, do you drop the $1.2m Kangaroos halfback? Or do you cut the coach on $500k who has been surrounded by a network of people and systems designed specifically to make him easier to replace? Off the top of my head, Neil Henry, Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey and Michael Maguire are all currently unemployed plus Paul Green is off contract after this season.

We under achieved the previous year (2016), so what do the management do?
They take everything away from McGregor and say, "In 2017 - just coach, we'll do the rest!"
He under achieves again.
What have the club done to arrest the situation?
They pretend the fans aren't around and say nothing, hoping we'll give up asking questions.
Keep in mind, they still haven't addressed us with an official review for 2017.
2018 ......................... God knows what to expect and where we'll finish.
Great team of players............................ expectations??????????

More of the same?
Surely not.
We live in hope.

Anyway, good luck to Freddy.
Sincerely hope we beat the Canetoads.

Latest posts