What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Agency Auction 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The free agency auction is scheduled to start on Sunday. Start time will vary depending on when I can get it done, some time in the late afternoon/evening.

Basically the same rules as last year.
  • Minimum $1000 salary.
  • Minimum bid increments of $500.
  • Auctions are over after 24 hours of inactivity.
  • You are allowed to breach the cap during the auction, I have assigned everyone 10% over the $200,000 cap for wriggle room. Your available spend will be $220,000 less your contracted roster + active bids.
  • If you do breach the cap, you have 48 hours to get your roster in order.
  • After 48 hours there is a penalty of $2,000 per day you're over until you fix it up.
  • Monitoring your cap is your responsibility, don't wait for me to chase you up, the 48 hours begins as soon as you win the player that puts you over, not when I notice it.
  • If you win a player, please post the years you would like to attach in this thread. This needs to be done within 48 hours or it is an automatic 1 year contract.
  • Players won in the auction have their salaries 100% guaranteed until the auction is over.
To start the auction I will ask everyone to email or PM me 3 players each they would like to nominate and the starting salary. If people nominate the same player, preference will go to the higher bid, if that's equal, it will be awarded to the highest rank in the draft. This is optional. If I don't get a good number of responses I'll nominate some rosterable players to get us started.

On Monday, at some random time, I will open up the nominations to everybody, there is no limit to how many players can be nominated at any one time.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The auction is open.

There are 15 players up at the moment and nominations will be opened up tomorrow sometime at random.

Auctions end after 24 hours of no activity.

The player will be automatically added to your roster.

You need to post in this thread and state how many years you would like for any player you win, you have 48 hours to do this from when you win the player, after 48 hours it will be the default one year contract.

Any players won are guaranteed 1 year's worth of salary until the entire free agency auction is over.

You have $220,000 to spend for flexibility but the salary cap for the season is $200,000, 34 man roster also.

Good luck!

zombie jesus

Staff member
Remember we changed the rules about blind bids through the season. This is the only chance you'll have to pick up guys and give them a multi-year contract.

Once the auction is over every pick up gets a 1 year deal and you'll have 2 restricted free agent tags you can use heading into next season.

Mjp81

Juniors
Gordon the only true #1 RB on the market, with the Chargers primed for a big year. I can see why there's so much love.

raiders_boy

Juniors
I was primed to make a huge move for him, was seriously considering not matching Ajayi and having a huge crack at Melvin, but I'm so glad I didn't put all my eggs n that basket. I mean, I've never payed this before but over a fifth of the cap on one guy? Seems crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts