What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freeing up cap room for season 2018

Rsag85

Bench
Rumours going around that a number of first grade players at the club have been told to move on next year

rabbitohs95

Bench
I believe Aj and Sutto have been offered contracts
Add Gray to that list.

I can't really see Clark being told to move on after we just re-signed him.

Tyrrell, Nielsen and a few others makes sense though.

Apparently Solly said we've got a bit to use so hopefully we exercise that and get a few top liners.

Rsag85

Bench
Add Gray to that list.

I can't really see Clark being told to move on after we just re-signed him.

Tyrrell, Nielsen and a few others makes sense though.

Apparently Solly said we've got a bit to use so hopefully we exercise that and get a few top liners.

Cap going up to will help

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
clarky wont be going nowhere blind freddy knows that non factual chitter chatter going on here with no real substance!!!!!....Shadow...

greg jay

Juniors
I would get rid of Clark Tyrell Neilsen Kelly Goodwin Cherrington Rochow George B for starters. I would then look to acquire some promising young players other clubs eg Canberra Nth Qld Canterbury etc cannot afford to keep. George B is a controversial one but the fact is he has become a real liability helping the team to lose.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Clark and Tyrell are most likely going to England if results don't improve. Since when have contracts ever meant anything in the NRL?

Rsag85

Bench
I would get rid of Clark Tyrell Neilsen Kelly Goodwin Cherrington Rochow George B for starters. I would then look to acquire some promising young players other clubs eg Canberra Nth Qld Canterbury etc cannot afford to keep. George B is a controversial one but the fact is he has become a real liability helping the team to lose.

George is staying others on that list might all go

alien

Referee
Two names at the moment are Dave Tyrell and Jason Clark

I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrrell just retires after this season because of his knees problems. I wouldn't mind keeping Clark though, as long as he isn't on too much more than the NRL minimum wage.

southsport

First Grade
I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrrell just retires after this season because of his knees problems. I wouldn't mind keeping Clark though, as long as he isn't on too much more than the NRL minimum wage.

Minimum wage goes up to $125k.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Clark just resigned late last year. It'd be stupid to move him on. He does his job consistently, seems popular within the playing group, is a complete professional. It's not so easy to 'move a player to england' as the English salary cap is a lot lower comparatively to the nrl then it used to be and they have strict marquee systems. People say contracts are easy to break in modern nrl, but if a player doesn't want to go he doesn't have to, so unless he could somehow get a better deal somewhere else, moving him on would probably mean wed have to pay part of his contract like we had to for grant and mcqueen.

It would probably be a stupid thing to do as we have so many off contract players we could just choose not to resign plus there will be a cap increase.
Tyrell, Nielsen, Kelly, Rochow, Cherrington, one of Gray/Goodwin or even both and even Sutton are all off contract.

Latest posts