What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freeing up cap room for season 2018

Rabbits20

Immortal
Joe fumbled a lot BUT he was very good under high kicks. His speed was Electric!!! Old Goodwin is in a wheelchair compared to J Burgess!!!!
I don't think he was good under the high ball.

Questions need to be asked of Jennings too. I do not think Bryson has any trust in Jennings.

I'd be moving Bryson to his best position and that's centre.

I'd move Hunt too centre too.

Gray and Burns on the wing.

greg jay

Juniors
Sam is a hard,tough,uncompromising forward with limited skills--he tries his guts out week in & week out-----he is a very big boy which is advantageous to him---if he was 100 kgs he would still be the ultimate goer--he has a big heart;which is Sam's greatest strength!!!!
I have been watching Sths for 60 yrs & there have been many classier forwards than Sam playing for us!!

Sam has been placed on too high a pedestal!!
Sam lets face facts has TAKEN THE CLUB and its Salary Cap for a ride over the Gap!!!! British Rugby could not wait for him to return here. His PRODUCTION and WINNING PERCENTAGE do NOT justify The Cap Space he occupies. Sam's OPPORTUNITY COST is probably TWO GOOD PLAYERS and a promising young player. Im telling you now a strong Head Coach like Bill Belichick would have cut almost all The Burgess Brother and Inglis at the end of 2016. They would have been GONZO. Crowe he cannot get enough of these spongers!!! Who cares about their Instagram Photos and Social Activities!!!!

greg jay

Juniors
I guess it comes down to whether Madge plans on using GI at fullback next season. If he does then AJ should only be signed on winger money. If AJ leaves then just sign a solid first grade winger.
Both Maguire and Inglis should be elsewhere next season. They have a 36.3% winning record. HOPELESS!!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
Actually Inglis has a winning percentage of 60% in a rabbitohs jumper if you want to play the percentage game.

Since 2015 he is the one of only 2 players (of those who are still at the club and played more then 20 games) who have won more then he has lost

Inglis- 51%
G.Burgess- 51%
Reynolds- 50%
Sutton- 50%
Johnston- 47%
Goodwin- 43%
Gray- 42%
T. Burgess- 42%
C.walker- 40%
Clark- 40
S.Burgess- 38%
Turner- 35%

Rsag85

Bench
I like how people are blaming Gi when he isn't even on the field the problem is not GI it's more to do with Sam Burgess if you are going to go after a high profile player, yes Sam makes the metres but since returning to the side he hasn't offered much in attack. I wouldn't have him as captain or at lock anymore to be honest if he is going to be another forward who just makes metres

Pommy

Coach
Actually Inglis has a winning percentage of 60% in a rabbitohs jumper if you want to play the percentage game.

Since 2015 he is the one of only 2 players (of those who are still at the club and played more then 20 games) who have won more then he has lost

Inglis- 51%
G.Burgess- 51%
Reynolds- 50%
Sutton- 50%
Johnston- 47%
Goodwin- 43%
Gray- 42%
T. Burgess- 42%
C.walker- 40%
Clark- 40
S.Burgess- 38%
Turner- 35%

Statistics show you need to give GI as much shit as George ;)

I like how people are blaming Gi when he isn't even on the field the problem is not GI it's more to do with Sam Burgess if you are going to go after a high profile player, yes Sam makes the metres but since returning to the side he hasn't offered much in attack. I wouldn't have him as captain or at lock anymore to be honest if he is going to be another forward who just makes metres

I'm not blaming GI i was just winding Diego up as he was ranting about the captain. Obviously GI is out and that's not his fault but having a million on the sidelines is not helping matters this season. I do think GI has been given a pass for the past few seasons by many fans though. Sure he might have been our best player in 2015 but that doesn't mean he was good or at the level he should have been.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Statistics show you need to give GI as much shit as George ;)

I'm not blaming GI i was just winding Diego up as he was ranting about the captain. Obviously GI is out and that's not his fault but having a million on the sidelines is not helping matters this season. I do think GI has been given a pass for the past few seasons by many fans though. Sure he might have been our best player in 2015 but that doesn't mean he was good or at the level he should have been.

I think it's time to get some SL players in their prime.

southsport

First Grade
I'm wondering if Souths do enough weight training, Turner doesn't seem to have bulked up at all over the last two off-seasons and watching his futile attempts to tackle Walker was pathetic.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm wondering if Souths do enough weight training, Turner doesn't seem to have bulked up at all over the last two off-seasons and watching his futile attempts to tackle Walker was pathetic.

We actually look unfit. We were gassed after 20 minutes. This could be either over training or under training. Either way it's a f**king problem.

CAFPOW

Juniors
After tonight's performance, I think AJ will will not get his "Fullback money", Sutton won't wait for CBA to be settled,
We actually look unfit. We were gassed after 20 minutes. This could be either over training or under training. Either way it's a f**king problem.

What I saw last night we had hands on our hips and knees and heads and we were huffing and puffing at the 5th min. :(

Rabbits20

Immortal
Turner is a dud.

Oi Shadow, Southy is waking up finally!!!!!

Hallelujah...........

Rabbits20

Immortal
After tonight's performance, I think AJ will will not get his "Fullback money", Sutton won't wait for CBA to be settled,

What I saw last night we had hands on our hips and knees and heads and we were huffing and puffing at the 5th min. :(
Correctamundo.

A rabble with no heart.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Did you say HANDS
ON KNEES!!!!!!!!

They had hands on their Heads in the opening mins, Some are touching each other's Shoulder maybe as some sort of encouragement but I thought I saw them had their hands on their Knees and at the end near full time, I thought they were running on fumes they might end up touching their Toes. :)

Robyne Glover

Juniors
Get rid of Inglis and Burgess Brother!!!
I never thought I would reply to a forum but your comment about getting rid of GI and the Burgess boys madye my blood boil, how dare you, if you are are a
True Bunnies supporter you would never entertain the thought so poq
And leave us true Bunnies supporters even in our dark days

handyman2190

Bench

Turner is not a 1st gradeer we continue to lose players and buy reserve graders hoping they will step up how many years can a team do this for? Buying has been oldies and no1 in their prime? Sam tries his heart out and he isnt to blame many other teams have high cost players but manage to buy decent players. Our recruitment as every 1 knows has been garbage for many years and its caught up ,we are a team of mostly underperforming reserve graders unfortunately the spoon becons.
We need a clean out tyrell neilsen wont be resigned and another 3 or 4 should follow AJ if he wont accept wing money dont let the door hit u gray off more than on see u around turner should not have been signed clark big heart but too small
Money talks we just keep letting players go.... the no DH policy has cost us big time and benifited other teams

handyman2190

Bench

Do u understand they had 65 plus possession any tean defending would be exhausted no matter how fit check the run meters and statistics we had no chance and the great AR kicking was garbage we made uate look like a superstar