What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French RL really up against it

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I don't mind you posting here, but try and keep the trolling down or you'll have your very own holiday ;-)

manoj p

Juniors
Steve M... despite your attempts, union's "rich" history shows it loves sleeping with scum. Looks like you approve... Congratulations on that.

Paley

Juniors
Steve M... despite your attempts, union's "rich" history shows it loves sleeping with scum. Looks like you approve... Congratulations on that.

Most union people believe that cosying up to murderous regimes is acceptable

Wellsy4HullFC

Juniors
Do people really think the best way to deal with someone they think is trolling is to just abuse them? Just ignore them, or present them with some facts.

Any insults are just feeding the troll.

Is rugby league in France "up against it" because of a one-off huge crowd figure in France for a tier two game? No. It's a good figure for a rival sport, but it's not really what it is up against.

I can't stand RU as much as the next guy, but taking swipes at the sport isn't really making us look any better.

winnyason

Juniors
stop looking at what union does so much, sf vs toulouse get 80 thousand to there derby, quins union got 50 to a club match. We throw around these swipes at the vichy as usual but league has itself to blame also for sitting on it's hands when it was popular mainstream in the 50 and 60's, a french mate of mine a rugby fan of both codes (not very common) tells me league got popular when the national rugby side got kicked out of the five nations for player payments.

Let's stick to talking about the elite which has had pretty good crowds this year, with the avignon in the top 4. I would love to see a aude vs providence region derby in the elite season could draw crowd of 10 thousand in my opinion.
Let's support toulouse in there championship matches and help catalans get some credibility back this season.

manoj p

Juniors
Do people really think the best way to deal with someone they think is trolling is to just abuse them? Just ignore them, or present them with some facts.

Any insults are just feeding the troll.

Is rugby league in France "up against it" because of a one-off huge crowd figure in France for a tier two game? No. It's a good figure for a rival sport, but it's not really what it is up against.

I can't stand RU as much as the next guy, but taking swipes at the sport isn't really making us look any better.

They are nothing but facts.

Union has a diabolical record. They don't acknowledge it. Someone has to.

manoj p

Juniors
stop looking at what union does so much, sf vs toulouse get 80 thousand to there derby, quins union got 50 to a club match. We throw around these swipes at the vichy as usual but league has itself to blame also for sitting on it's hands when it was popular mainstream in the 50 and 60's, a french mate of mine a rugby fan of both codes (not very common) tells me league got popular when the national rugby side got kicked out of the five nations for player payments.

Peter Fitzsimons isn't French.

Paley

Juniors

Let's stick to talking about the elite which has had pretty good crowds this year, with the avignon in the top 4. I would love to see a aude vs providence region derby in the elite season could draw crowd of 10 thousand in my opinion.
Let's support toulouse in there championship matches and help catalans get some credibility back this season.

How is Stade Francais v Toulouse a derby? They get 70,000+ because they stage a huge show for cheap tickets with a bit of union throw in. Same as the Harlequins union game at Twickenham - some of the advertising for that game hardly mentioned union at all it was all cheap seats and X factor participants. It works for them and good luck to them but don't pretend its all about union.

Latest posts