What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday the 28th of May

Illawarra Steelers vs St George Dragons at WIN Stadium.

Admittedly supporting The Flegg isn't really a viable way of registering your opposition to the JV as St George RLFC fully support the venture. But it's still great to see the young mighties going around in that pristine strip.

This game if a fair way off but I'm already looking forward to it immensely as seeing the Saints my father followed play against a team in Scarlett might help cleanse me of the shame and embarrassment of having to watch a team that claim continuity from St George playing in a Steelers strip.

I hope everyone that can gets down there on the day to support the boys.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Denis, I admit it's hard to not barrack for the St George Illawarra Brand, seeing as they have been trading off our jersey & 77 years of history for the last 5 years.

But to see the Flegg boys run around in the pure Red Vee will be brilliant:

"We own your Leagues Club :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: "

Cheers,
Ben S.

It's a great brand.

However I find myself less and less attached to it as every year passes. No doubt next year they'll dilute it further by using the Illawarra strip as the alternative and I'll become even less inclined to want to see them succeed. This process seems to be the exact reverse of what most other people are feeling.

But we've still got the young ones to fly the flag.

C'mon the Fleggies – show no mercy!