What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Sharks to penguin suits

nqboy

First Grade
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20540018-23214,00.html

JUST weeks after being told he doesn't fit into the Sharks' future, Stuart Raper has found something that suits.

Quite literally. Replacing the clipboard for pins and measuring tape, Raper is busy establishing a formal hire business in a bid to keep occupied as he waits for a coaching opportunity to surface.

In partnership with his wife, Cathy, Raper said his new business, Formal Wear Express, offered him a whole new ball game after 10 years of rugby league coaching.

"It's certainly something different," Raper said. "There are not too many coaching jobs available at the moment, so I thought this would be a great way to help Cathy build what we believe is an exciting business. I'm looking forward to it and actually excited to be doing something different for a change."

Offering the hire of suits and tuxedos for weddings and formals, Raper said the unique "we come to you" service would see him jump behind the wheel of the delivery van.

"I used to own a milk run so I'm more than happy to do a few deliveries," Raper said. While Raper is hoping his business venture is a success, he admitted that his coaching passion remained.

"I sat at the grand final the other night in a sponsor's box and they were asking me a million questions about the game and I was firing off the answers," Raper said. "I came home that night and thought 'I actually do know the game and I still believe I can coach'. It reinforced that I still have something to offer because your confidence does take a hit when something like this happens."

Raper ruled out a return to England, where he spent seven years coaching Castleford and Wigan.