What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front row

eozsmiles

Bench
G'day, figured this was the best place to ask.

Been reading plenty about the lack of depth in the Manly front row (I know, every year). I'm of the opinion that your front row is better than last year, which was obviously good enough to make the GF.

The way I see it is that King didn't play last year so he basically replaces Kite, and probably adds a bit.
Joe G basically didn't play either, so all he did was take up cap space. Manly have shown they can live without him.
Rose, Fuss, and Gower spent large parts of the year outside the top 17 or suspended so they are hardly irreplaceable. To be honest, the 3-4 "project" players manly have now (Starling, Lui, T'vic, S'ao) may well develop enough this year to offer more. Hasson will of course get game time sooner or later, he should have developed at least a little bit?
I'd also expect Glen Stewart to be fitter and stronger. I know he's not a prop but he was clearly hampered last year and that surely affected how the pack works.

Not sure about Sene-Lafoa or Chee Kam ......hoping one of your mob could tell me where they might fit in this year?

I was hoping some of you might share your thoughts and let me know whether I am being a bit ambitious on your behalf or I'm on the right track? What are your expectations?

zombie jesus

Staff member
Certainly lacking proven depth but prop is not a complicated role in this team I think, these young guys will get on the field and see internationals and 150+ gamers all across the park and get a boost from that, their job will be simple, there's no need for them to have massive impact, just roll forward with the ball and tackle your arse off (as Brenton Lawrence did).

I'm confident we'll be okay, the club has rarely put a foot wrong in recruitment and development for years now, you have to have faith they will do it again.

reanimate

Bench
I think we'll be fine, some of our new pickups look like they have ability, plus we still have the likes of Brenton Lawrence, who was an absolute machine last year. Chee Kam's more of a second rower, I think he'll start seeing some game time this year.

Patorick

Staff member
Hopefully someone or two steps it up.

All else fails, there's money there for a mid-season deal.

Packy

Bench
I seem to have asked this every year since about 2011 but where is/what happened to Magnus Stromquist? He was a talent in the under 20's and I know he probably had to do his time in reggies but I really thought he would be in the mix by now.

Did he fall to shit? Injuries?

eozsmiles

Bench
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it :) For the record I think you'll go very well with an even run of injuries. I don't buy into the talk of decline. I follow racing and there is an old saying - winners keep winning. Good luck.

Latest posts