What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fulton @ 5/8?

Gus22

Juniors
I havn't seen much of Liam Fulton, but the few times I have, he has been very impressive. Looks top class to me. From what I've heard Tim Sheens rates him as well.

My only concern is that at his present stage of (physical) development he may be a little small to be a first grade lock. I think he looks more like a 5/8 at the moment. He reminds me of Scott Hill. Eventually I think lock will be his position.

Given Reynolds inconsistent form, Sheens' reluctance to use Benji there, & Fitzhenry's promising form as a rake, I think Fulton would prove a revelation at no. 6.

What do some you of you who have seen more of Liam think? Could Sheens be thinking along the same line?

demonic_chihuahuas1.gif

yappy

Bench
Gee that sounds like a great idea!

I promise this is not me using a new login. ;-)

Dale.2.

Juniors
If Prince was in top form i'd be all for it but with him still a little rusty maybe a more senior player could be the way to go.

I'd like to see Fulton in the 17 though.

Just a side note,Marshall was playing 5/8 against the Cowboy,Wilson was named but started at centre,when Benji returns surely he will go straight back into 5/8.

Gus22

Juniors
I take it from your response that this is something you have already suggested. Sorry if I'm going over ground already covered. Lets hope those selecting the team think as we do, & soon!

PS - Also give in Viarne & Covell a run.

demonic_chihuahuas1.gif

Gobbso

Juniors
What better time to throw him in, against Manly who is dead set struggling trying to establish some sort of combination in the halves. Fulton's got a cool and calm head on his shoulders, who i believe would be quite capable of getting the job done at 5/8th. His ball skills are superb for a young backrower and given the opportunity, could prove his worth for Wests.