What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fumbleball ambassadors

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's fine but the media don't link them all together repeatedly playing them saying the game is in crisis and the culture of the sport should be questioned. They show each one individually for a day or two then they go away.

Perth Red living in Perth you should know better the cover ups of the drug culture at the Eagles in the 2000's because they were winning. Management never held to account, the coach, John Worsfold (a chemist by occupation too lol) never held to account. The media never questioned the favoured sons of Perth. Years later a number of players are drug addicts, Cousins goes to jail, Daniel Kerr massive drug and police issues, Daniel Chick, Chris Mainwaring dies of drug overdose etc etc.

But hey nothing to see here guys, we're going to win the comp......lap dog media

Cousins regualarly made the front cover of the West when he went off it. Re drug culture at eagles, I guess as none was ever charged with anything it would be hard for The West to make a headline out of it? Whenever there has been an afl indiscretion the West have been all over it like any other grubby media outlet.

Second time in three days Freo coach cover up has been full front page. But yeh whatever, keep your paranoia flowing lol

Some Nrl fans do have an unhealthy fixation with afl I’ve noticed. The top 5 threads in here are talking about afl and the sixth is about a union hack lol.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Cousins regualarly made the front cover of the West when he went off it. Re drug culture at eagles, I guess as none was ever charged with anything it would be hard for The West to make a headline out of it? Whenever there has been an afl indiscretion the West have been all over it like any other grubby media outlet.

Second time in three days Freo coach cover up has been full front page. But yeh whatever, keep your paranoia flowing lol

Some Nrl fans do have an unhealthy fixation with afl I’ve noticed. The top 5 threads in here are talking about afl and the sixth is about a union hack lol.

No unhealthy obsession with AFL, though I live in Melbourne, just an obsession with the obvious bias and different ways the two games report dramas.

In Melbourne listen to SEN and it's society's problem etc etc blah blah, when the same thing happens in league it's the culture of the sport. In AFL it's always a case of it couldn't possibly be whereas in league it's a case of typical.

If you don't think the media create perceptions of both sports you are deluded.

AFL's always conveniently take years to come out.............ho hum.....but I'm paranoid right

taipan

Referee

Brett Seymour former Shark's player made the front page of the Telegraph for being drunk in the Cronulla mall.
He wasn't charged FFS .You need reality check or the desal water over there is getting to you.

The Vic media in particular, is beholden to the AFL on many occasions, due to the influence that code has in the community.
The sycophantic stories by the likes of Caroline Wilson, Kelly Underhanded are enough to make a grown man puke.

Last Week

Bench
Brett Seymour former Shark's player made the front page of the Telegraph for being drunk in the Cronulla mall.
He wasn't charged FFS .You need reality check or the desal water over there is getting to you.

The Vic media in particular, is beholden to the AFL on many occasions, due to the influence that code has in the community.
The sycophantic stories by the likes of Caroline Wilson, Kelly Underhanded are enough to make a grown man puke.

Don't forget the dead bitch.

Canard

Immortal
Making the front page as some sort of person to pity (like the AFL media spin)is not the same as making it as "scum!" Or "I'm outraged!" like the Sydney media do.

hellteam

First Grade
All this talk about Sydney becoming an AFL town....sh*t, what about Melbourne maturing and embracing rugby league. From a base of virtually zero rugby league in the last 20 years has Melbourne Storm a very accepted part now of the city's sporting culture. I live in Melbourne and very rarely does a day go by when I don't see a sticker on a car or some form of Storm merchandise around. The Rebels no one cares about.
The Storm play in a magnificent 30,000 stadium.
Have great training and rehab facilities.
The government is building a RL Academy to the value of $12 million.
The junior league is going well. Victoria now challenges WA and NT to be third behind QLD and NSW.
Schools play the game.
TV ratings are good.

All these things yet the media spruiks about the Swans....and Giants. Aussie Rules has always had a presence in Sydney. I can recall the local Sydney AR Grand Final was broadcast live on Channel 7 in 1980 from 2pm to 5pm Plus the extensive coverage of VFL and even the SA grand final in Sydney.

Back you on this.

I moved to Melbourne from Brisbane about 2 years ago..... rugby league is far bigger here than AFL is in Brisbane.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg

makes me laugh, whinge at sht Sydney media laying the boot into NRL, whinge at AFL and their ability to control the media, which do you want?

Personally Id much rather the media talked up our game and yes the NRL punish them when they run merkin stories designed to damage it. #talkupthegame

no name

Coach

Cousins behaviour was covered up for 10 years, so much so that he thought he was untouchable, hence his public meltdown which couldn’t be ignored anymore.
Maybe if he wasn’t so protected the bloke might have had half a chance in life after fumbleball.

Last edited:
Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg

makes me laugh, whinge at sht Sydney media laying the boot into NRL, whinge at AFL and their ability to control the media, which do you want?

Personally Id much rather the media talked up our game and yes the NRL punish them when they run merkin stories designed to damage it. #talkupthegame
Nice of you to show us a picture of your little hat, Eeyore.

Grant Thomas.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Cousins behaviour was covered up for 10 years, so much so that he thought he was untouchable, hence his public meltdown which couldn’t be ignored anymore.
Maybe if he wasn’t so protected the bloke might have had half a chance in life after fumbleball.

We wont mention the Sydney media not digging into Buddie Franklin's off field antics....afterall it's normal for players to crash into 3 parked cars etc.

We wont mention the Sydney media not digging into Buddie Franklin's off field antics....afterall it's normal for players to crash into 3 parked cars etc.
And his mystery injury that kept him out for weeks a couple of years ago.
You don't have to be Albert Einstein to know the cause of his problems, hence that's why aFaiL has a 3 strike cover up policy

Latest posts