What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funniest end to a grand final ever

Bazal

Post Whore
When I first saw the physique of the player who made the error I thought it was Trent Merrin.

Similar body shapes.

Ricky Stuart is on the phone to her as we speak....will be right at home alongside Junior Paulo, Josh Papalii and Shannon Boyd

Saxon

Bench
F**k I'd love it if Captain Cleanskin did that in his last ever Origin match for Qld and it cost them the series...

Nah, for that to happen to QLD would require Cherry-Evans level of origin incompetence. and since his card is firmly marked we're safe.
Pearce on the other hand....

myrrh ken

First Grade
Reminded me of Kurt Mann in our SG Ball GF a few years back.

Never seen that before. That is amazing.

Why didnt he take the tackle? Why didn't he kick it over the sideline which was much closer?

I didnt think he could top his shocker against the sharks a few years back, but that does obviously.

Life's Good

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...7/news-story/cf27bfc4d45eab18de984bf6f72c487e

Video in the link

It's piss funny

FOR anyone who thought Port Adelaide’s extra-time after-the-siren defeat against West Coast was the most excruciating finish to a team’s footy season in 2017 — we give you the Newcastle & Hunter Rugby League’s Tier B Women’s Grand Final.

The clash between West Wallsend and Cardiff Cobrettes probably wasn’t on your radar unless you're a local footy fan from that part of NSW.

Even the local Newcastle Herald glossed over the game with only the smallest of mentions at the bottom of its Saturday Scoreboard.

But this was a finish that deserves to be told in full detail, no matter how hard it is for the West Wallsend girls to relive.

If there’s been a team closer to winning the big one without actually getting the chocolates, we’d love to hear about it.

Backed up near their own try line as the clock ticked down to the full-time siren, Wests simply needed to complete their final set of six to hang on to a 6-4 lead.

They played it safe, smartly choosing not to throw the ball around and with the pill in their keeping as the siren sounded the victory appeared complete.

But anyone who has played rugby league before knows the siren doesn’t mark the end of the game — the ball is still live until the player holding it has been tackled (or in this case tagged) or sends it in to touch.

Unfortunately the Wests player holding the ball threw it skyward in celebration — and made a mistake she will never forget.

7134ca5385bc5aa01d5415349e6bbf73

A Wests player throws the ball up in celebration.Source:YouTube

Cobrettes player Bryden Sloan Harris was alert to the error and pounced, grabbing the ball on the bounce, evading a desperate attempt at a tackle before charging over the line.

A 6-4 deficit became an 8-4 lead for Cardiff, whose players sprinted from all parts to congratulate their hero.

Harris shared footage of the moment on Facebook with the caption: “Holy s*** it’s me hahahahaha. I will never get over this and I’m not even sorry.”

Her club was equally triumphant in a post to their Facebook page. “Well done Cardiff Cobrettes on your amazing Grand Final win. The game was there to be won but when the final siren went off, it was lost!

“Due to the quick thinking and positive persistence of Bryden Sloan Harris, the team triumphed after one of the most mind boggling brain explosions you will ever see on the football field and you have to see the pics and watch the video to appreciate it. You also have to feel sorry for the Westy girls too but as “they” say, that's life!”
Could this be called 'Doing a Slater'???

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
1200px-Modern_kitchen_gnangarra.JPG
That range hood is horrid.

A microwave on top of an oven is horrid.

A coffee machine is horrid.

Brushed stainless steel fridge is horrid made worse by the chilled water dispenser.

Vertical drapes are horrid.

Having a fridge next to an oven is horrid.

Does this kitchen have a dishwasher? If not, double horrid.

Sorry if I used to design kitchens.

Last edited: