What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Names

Whether it be a person's name or the name of an animal (usually racehorses), you can be assured of a chuckle or two.

People's Names

A good mate of mine married a woman whose maiden name was Robyn Treasure! I kid you not.

I worked with an old German dude named Fritz Pitzhorn. I thought you woke up with one of those.

Many moons ago, there was a page dedicated for kids to contribute drawings, poems and jokes in the comic section of the Sydney Sun Herald. One such contributor was a Nora Mandic. Poor girl would have copped heaps at school.

Now for the racehorses....

In the 1990s, two Melbourne horses were called Analing and Bending Over. They must have been closely related. Trouble is race callers pronounced Analing as ANNA-LING.

Brisbane's Sucarda was turned into the innocent SUE-CARDA. Bugger!

Now for the intelligently named racehorses.

Soeztoc. How the f**k do you pronounce that? It's SO EASY TO SEE dummy.

I left the best till last. Melbourne's well performed 2 and 3 year old Bowled Lillee. Its sire was Courtmarsh. Think cricket and it becomes clear.