What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future First Graders

rabbitohs95

Bench
Just wondering what players in the 20's are currently under contract with the NRL team for this year/next year.

For Souths we have Dylan Walker (currently playing NRL), Tyrone Phillips, Aaron Gray and Cameron McInnes from what i know.

What about your clubs? What can we expect?

Edwahu

Bench
For Canberra Cornish, Ahearn, Brenko Lee, Cronin, Hawkins, maybe Reuben, Mago, Bateman, Lynch, Heffernan, Barnett and both Pangais look like they could be first graders of varying quality eventually. The first three are the most likely in the next 12 months.

It's a fair old squad.

Fire

First Grade
For Saints I'd say:

Jack Bird
Evander Cummins
Jackson Hastings
Kem Seru

are all possibilities to get a run next season (somewhere).

rabbitohs95

Bench
For Saints I'd say:

Jack Bird
Evander Cummins
Jackson Hastings
Kem Seru

are all possibilities to get a run next season (somewhere).

I rate Cummins, hopefully you guys can keep him seeing how well he's been treated by the club during injury.

My cousin played against Seru a couple years back, back then in under 17's he just trampled over everyone and just demolished defences with his superior size but if he wants to play NRL he does need to get fit.

Fire

First Grade
I rate Cummins, hopefully you guys can keep him seeing how well he's been treated by the club during injury.

My cousin played against Seru a couple years back, back then in under 17's he just trampled over everyone and just demolished defences with his superior size but if he wants to play NRL he does need to get fit.

If the rumours are anything to believe Cummins is more likely going than staying.

Yeah Kem goes good - but will need to work on his fitness for NRL level footy.

Of all those four, I rate Bird the most. He is the one I hope we hang onto.

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane Broncos

Francis Molo - Prop - Is already a member of our senior squad and has the ability to make it. Needs to find consistency and discipline if he wants to make it but the ability is definitely there.

Ash Taylor - Half - A promising player who likes to play what's in-front of him. Has signed onto train with the senior squad during the off-season and could make something of himself.

Paul Byrnes - Fullback - Has been one of the Broncos better players since moving to the custodian position and with more seasoning could find himself with the big boys. Well rounded player.

Names like Duncan Paia'Aua, Jai Arrow, Brandon Lee, Jo Ofahengaue, Elijah Alick etc. could find themselves in the mix too if they continue to perform and develop.

Caleb Timu would be a worthy nominee too but word is he's set to go on his mission next year.

Roosters

Rhyse Martin & Samisoni Langi I will put down as guaranteed first graders. Langi will star and would have played first grade already had he not been injured.

Taane Milne. He will be better than Tautau Moga but he's only 17 or 18 so he has a long way to go
Brendan Tago has had huge wraps on him for a long time and has been good all year
Nene Macdonald
Tyler Cornish

Those three all look good and could well progress.

Hopefully Shaquille Blair just for his name lol

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Bryce Cartwright and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak would be certainties.

There is a host of other possibles.

Packy

Bench
Roosters

Rhyse Martin & Samisoni Langi I will put down as guaranteed first graders. Langi will star and would have played first grade already had he not been injured.

Taane Milne. He will be better than Tautau Moga but he's only 17 or 18 so he has a long way to go
Brendan Tago has had huge wraps on him for a long time and has been good all year
Nene Macdonald
Tyler Cornish

But he will be the biggest star since Inglis? Didn't you read last years papers.

minorthreat

Juniors
For the Cowboys, Id say the most likely are Zac Santo, Javid Bowen, Chris Grevsmuhl and Patrick Kaufusi.

Santo and Bowen are possible replacements for Matt Bowen. We've lost Felise Kaufusi to the Storm next year, but I think his younger brother is the better player. Grevsmuhl has been playing QCup for most of the year. I'd love to see him get a shot this year towards the end.

Zac Mackay looks like a talent as well, definitely a keeper.

Jayden Hodges will play first grade but not for us, which is a shame. Apparently going to sign with Manly.

ek999

First Grade
Roosters

Nene Macdonald
Tyler Cornish

Absolutely. Disappointed that he left the Dogs, from the little that I have seen of him he looks like a future star. At least we got Lloyd Perrett in return who wil no doubt play first grade. John Sila is another. Unfortunately don't get to see much of the Bulldogs U20's

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
For the Warriors

Albert Vete - Big powerful and aggressive prop

David Bhana - Workhorse second rower.

Siliva Havili - I'm not sold on him at hooker tbh, but if Friend leaves and we get an injury to TL early next year he appears to be our only back up currently.

Warriors have some very promising outside backs coming through. Could see a few of them making first grade, but possibly not at the Warriors.

Knights

Adam Clydesdale (Hooker) is the most likely in our NYC team and will probably be out long term hooker, has a great all-round game

Joseph Tapine, Ben Roose and Jeremy Ma'a (all Back Rowers) Tapine and Roose have been training with the NRL squad and i think all three could make the step up, especially Tapine

Jake Mamo (Wing) very fast, close to top of the try-scoring tally for NYC players, great finisher and should play in the NRL

Sione Mata'utia (Wing) made the Australian Schoolboys team this year, very strong runner

Pat Mata'utia (Centre) and Honeti Tuha (Fullback) both go good aswell

Roosters

Nene Macdonald
Tyler Cornish

Add Willis Meehan to that list, plays Centre/Second Row, made Aus schoolboys this year, absolutely massive and very strong,

aqua_duck

Coach
Knights

Adam Clydesdale (Hooker) is the most likely in our NYC team and will probably be out long term hooker, has a great all-round game

Joseph Tapine, Ben Roose and Jeremy Ma'a (all Back Rowers) Tapine and Roose have been training with the NRL squad and i think all three could make the step up, especially Tapine

Jake Mamo (Wing) very fast, close to top of the try-scoring tally for NYC players, great finisher and should play in the NRL

Sione Mata'utia (Wing) made the Australian Schoolboys team this year, very strong runner

Pat Mata'utia (Centre) and Honeti Tuha (Fullback) both go good aswell

Sione is a freak, only 17 and doesn't look out of place in NYC even though he's playing against guys who are in some cases 3 years older.
A mate of mine who is a player agent and scouts a lot of junior football reckons he's the best outside back prospect we've had since Timana

Perth Tiger

Bench
The Tigers have a couple of kids called Brooks and Moses. They haven't got much publicity but might be a chance of first grade in the future :sarcasm:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jack Ahearn, Jono Rueben, Andrew Heffernan, Eli Roberts, Brenko Lee, Tahakilu and Tavita Pengai, Patrick Mago and Luke Batemen are all potential FGs in the current Raiders squad

Latest posts