What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

macavity

Referee
College football in Sydney is not worth doing unless they bring USC or Notre Dame, a Big 10 school or maybe Texas Longhorns. Those schools would bring tens of thousands out.

Big 10?

SEC! SEC! SEC!

I am a junkie, would go watch FIU v CMU, don't care.

Having said that, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, LSU, Texas, maybe even Oklahoma - would all draw much better crowds - but would also be reticent to give up c-100k at a home game to bring one here.

Has to be a big recruitment tool for mid-majors though (...although Stanford is defo tier-one).

T-Boon

Coach
Has to be a big recruitment tool for mid-majors though (...although Stanford is defo tier-one).

I think from Pac 12 UCLA would be a good/realistic target to get out here. Big fan base and they do travel. Rebuilding so might help with recruiting to have a trip down under.

POPEYE

Coach
How many people were turned away from the Wanderers/Sydney FC game . . . pity RL can't fill a stadium like Soccer

Raiderdave

First Grade
How many people were turned away from the Wanderers/Sydney FC game . . . pity RL can't fill a stadium like Soccer

hahaha

the poor old western sydney wanderderpers
where'd all their fans go ??
who wouldn't want to bounce up & down facing away from the field , it looks like so much fun LOL

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Why change now?

Speaking of petitions. Wonder what's happened with the petition about Rugby league being recognised as a sport by the GAISF?To this day rugby league this non recognition has been in used against rugby league in attaining government funding and insurance in many nations around the world. A pretty important petition to be followed through by Id suggest. Rugby league journalist Steve Mascord deserves credit for starting this petition however we have heard no news about except it has over 10000 signatories.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach

Looked like about 55k there. Serious Q: Was that disappointing? If so when did 55k become disappointing for a-league.

Stallion

First Grade
piss off trying to derail threads

Not interested in the vitally important stuff? It tied in with petition so thought it was relevant. Perhaps you like ignoring some fundamentally important issues the game suffers from. Some of us care! U f#ck off!

adamkungl

Immortal
I went to both and I preferred Allianz.

I think they put more effort into the event the previous year. And the crowd was more drawn by the novelty in year 1. This year half the crowd went outside to watch a boxing fight mid-game.

I went to both.. I have no preference really because I just got wasted both times lol. Free tickets and an excuse for day drinking

OldPanther

Coach
The thing is old mate has a platform and can scare a large audience with the price tag. This petition wouldn't be able to compete with that.

Was out last night and so many people have heard / read Fitzy's anti-stadia rebuild rant / petition.

They were all "well...he speaks sense". No facts mind you.

Was quite disheartening. And no matter what was mentioned to oppose it, it was a case of "Oh well...$2 billion is a LOT of money. What about schools, hospitals, etc etc?"

And these folks are all RL fans, though I had to laugh when the Para fans piped up about costs and someone stuck it to them with a "you can't talk...you're getting your rebuild, what about the rest of us?!?"

So there's your losing battle right there.