What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

PaulyTom

Juniors
Let's put it down to poor editing then .

Not really, the story was about the lease of the housing authority not the stadiums, they just used stock vision they had of the stadiums as that is what the money is going to be used for. They actually have a billion $ more than they have allocated to the stadiums, which I found interesting.

The Marshall

Juniors
That was definitely old footage but I wouldn't be surprised at all if their was a last minute alteration for it to still be able to have AFL played. The quicker they build it the better.

Reactions: siv

unforgiven

Bench
Let's put it down to poor editing then .
Not really as they were not reporting on the stadiums, not everything is a conspiracy against Rugby League. They just grabbed stock footage of the stadiums as that is what the majority of the $ will be spent on. The image wasn't even on the screen for a second.

Raiderdave

First Grade
so whats the time line for these venues

parra stadium has comenced already
finished & ready for season 2019 from memory?
meaning ANZ's last Grand final for a few seasons will be 2018's , it can be gutted later that year ... & work can commence on it in 2019 with a finish in 2021 hopefully for the final seris or at least the GF that year

meaning only 2 GF's will need to be moved
where to play them though ...... hmmmmmmmmmm

Timbo

Staff member
I have a friend who is a member of ANZ and she told me they got a letter saying the demolition starts after this years grand final.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I have a friend who is a member of ANZ and she told me they got a letter saying the demolition starts after this years grand final.

id find that strange
where are the stadiums tennents going to play next year if they start pulling the joint down at the end of this year with Parramatta still more then a year away from being completed.

Jetka100

Juniors
The sooner they start on ANZ the better. You would hate to see a Government change their mind on these things before they start due to other priorities. It would be too difficult to go back on it once they start pulling things down.

Quidgybo

Bench
id find that strange
where are the stadiums tennents going to play next year if they start pulling the joint down at the end of this year with Parramatta still more then a year away from being completed.
Partial demolition? Plenty of stadiums, including ANZ post Olympics, have been redeveloped while remaining open during some or all of the construction. They'd only need to maintain a capacity of 30,000 to accommodate all but the GF and Origin.

Leigh.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Partial demolition? Plenty of stadiums, including ANZ post Olympics, have been redeveloped while remaining open during some or all of the construction. They'd only need to maintain a capacity of 30,000 to accommodate all but the GF and Origin.

Leigh.

yeah fair enough
& its a good thing its underway sooner
demolish the side behind the cameras first , leaving the eastern side up for most of 2018
then all tennents move to either parramatta or allianz in 2019 while the eastern side is torn down

so the 2018 GF
where will it be played ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not a lot of choice, Brisbane would be the fave. After that youre into oval stadiums which isn't great. Mcg would probably be second followed by Auckland Eden park but I'd be very surprised if it isn't at Suncorp.

siv

First Grade

Leigh.

Thats the feedback i got when i asked about the transition

Perth Red

Post Whore
Shame, maybe if anz clubs played a year or two at the new western Sydney stadium they would realise how much better for the fans It is over whatever anz is likely to be. 15-20k at anz is always going to suck no matter how steep or how many curtains they put up.

Be tough for fans though to go from a great mid size stadium with a great atmosphere back to the soulless anz.

axl rose

Bench
Auckland Eden park .

They will play it on the moon before they ever stage a GF in NZ. As long as the QLD Gov cough up the dough, its a no-brainer for Lang Park. As long as Greenberg sticks with his we wont play at a construction site statement

unforgiven

Bench
yeah fair enough
& its a good thing its underway sooner
demolish the side behind the cameras first , leaving the eastern side up for most of 2018
then all tennents move to either parramatta or allianz in 2019 while the eastern side is torn down

so the 2018 GF
where will it be played ?

The tenants will not be moved anywhere at any stage, they will continue to play at ANZ throughout construction

unforgiven

Bench
Shame, maybe if anz clubs played a year or two at the new western Sydney stadium they would realise how much better for the fans It is over whatever anz is likely to be. 15-20k at anz is always going to suck no matter how steep or how many curtains they put up.

Be tough for fans though to go from a great mid size stadium with a great atmosphere back to the soulless anz.

Depends on how good a job they do of ANZ, it may not be a soulless stadium once it is upgraded.

Timbo

Staff member
Didn't they already announce that two of the four GFs while the rebuild is on will be at the SCG as a nod to tradition?

I swear they announced that months ago.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The tenants will not be moved anywhere at any stage, they will continue to play at ANZ throughout construction

great
lets not only play at a souless venue
lets play at a souless construction site .... our game will have 2 viable stadiums in Sydney to play at in 2019 as alternatives to ANZ while its being re built

they should be used.

Last edited: