What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallant signs with cowboys

macnaz

Staff member
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Wests Tigers full-back Shannon Gallant has signed with the North Queensland Cowboys from 2010.
Gallant originally agreed to a new deal with the Wests Tigers for season 2010 but recently approached the club about not taking up the contract as he had an opportunity to secure a two-year contract with North Queensland.
“In weighing it up, Wests Tigers have got Tim Moltzen, Blake Lazarus, Mitch Brown, Arana Taumata plus exciting young Toyota Cup full-back Jake Mullaney and another great prospect in Jordan Kahu coming from Keebra Park that can fill the full-back role,'' Gallant said.
“My best opportunity for myself and my family is with the North Queensland club. I approached Wests Tigers on compassionate grounds to release me from my full-time contract next year.
“It was a tough decision as the Wests Tigers have looked after me and made me a good offer for 2010 but I feel like I need a new start with the Cowboys.
“I want to thank Wests Tigers for bringing me into the NRL and for the opportunities they gave me. I also like to thank the Western Suburbs Magpies for graduating me from the juniors to senior football.
“I have made friendships for life through the Wests Tigers and the Wests Magpies clubs and wish them all the best for the future.”
Wests Tigers Recruitment Manager Warren McDonnell said Gallant leaves the club with its best wishes.
“I have known Shannon since the age of 14 and he is a great kid who deserves all the luck in the world,’’ McDonnell said.
“We wish him and his family all the best for the future.’’

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=20017

gordsy

Juniors
Sounds like Gallant saw the writing on the wall and took the deal the Cowboys made him. Hope he goes well and shows Sheens what a tosser her is.

AussieSmithy

Juniors
Now Sheens has the perfect excuse to permanently play Moltzen at Full Back with no viable alternative. Looks like the experimentation will continue next year...

Latest posts