What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen 2018

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Where was our fullback on Gal's play? Was that while he was getting his tinea treated?
Nah......knew gal had it covered and was gearing himself up for a superb 30 meter weaving run which put the dogs on the back-foot which enabled Beale to streak away on the next play.

Last edited:

sandshark

Bench
relieved that Gallen is staying on next year, we still rely on him so much.
What's left for Gallen to achieve in the game? back-to-back and a threepeat. ;)

Frenzy.

Immortal
With TPAs well over a million.

I used to know exactly what his TPAs were. People would be surprised. No reason to think they would be much less. Still has a high profile, still playing well and still marketable.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well, Humphrey is going to get 700k roughly.

What's Gallen worth in comparison?

Geez...that's a really good question.

He's playing better than Humphrey but I don't think we can afford near that.

He's on the career wind-down, so about $400k.

Humphrey's overpaid but it's on promise atm - he's not earning that yet.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Also folks, the long serving player allowance for 2018 is $400,000 if the cap stays at the proposed $8.4 million.

However, it is now also only 6 years to qualify. Gallen may not be the only one that has to get distributed to.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Just checked that. Wade Graham qualifies and Feefs will in 2018 as this is his 6th with us. Leutele would of been getting it as he debuted in 2010 so if he goes there's a save.

Quigs

Immortal
And at Gals age he might be able to borrow my Pensioner Concession Card.

You'd be surprised what discounts you can get with one of those.