What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen Decides??

Does Gallen play on or retire?

• Plays on

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Retires

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quigs

Immortal
Sheeze I still don't know. I just don't want him to have a last season like JT has or worse, see him finish up like whats his face the Storm forward last week.

Carted off into the shed.

Trust moi, time does catch up with you.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Lets say though we win the comp this year does Gall then say to Flanno thats it, i think that is wildcard win it this year

McLovin

Staff member
Very few athletes on the planet have the ability to play for so long at such a high level. He could easily play until he is 40. The only other athlete that could match the quality of play and longevity would be LeBron James. LeBron pours in about A$2mil into his conditioning each year, i'm not sure what Gal does.

Quigs

Immortal
Question from the floor without notice. Hey, how old was the old bulldog bloke was it Jason Smith when he finished his NRL career. I believe he might of finished up at the Cows.

I think I have found the answer - he was 35 when he finished at the cows.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah but Quigs, he was a beer and a ciggie at haf time type.

Gallen is superb athelete, trains hard, eats well etc etc.

The engine has been well maintained so even after 500,000 ks still runs well.

The fargger no one has heard of was due a major service with many parts needing replacing. Was the smartest player on the field but.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Tom Brady is another man who is playing past what many have previously said was retirement age, but his body is in great shape and he is still one of the best.

Others break, poor Lewis is one, seems he cannot take the collisions any more and he knows it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Very few athletes on the planet have the ability to play for so long at such a high level. He could easily play until he is 40. The only other athlete that could match the quality of play and longevity would be LeBron James. LeBron pours in about A$2mil into his conditioning each year, i'm not sure what Gal does.
Tom Brady dude.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Can you compare Brady with Gal though?

Hmmm - Brady comes across as a totally arrogant mongrel, whereas Gal is 'a good Aussie bloke'.

Brady has been a great player (with longevity), but he plays QB, which is far less taxing physically than playing as a virtual prop in rugby league.

It feels like we're comparing apples with oranges.

Dont agree with that. Pitchers & QB's get the same kind of arm injuries. The time to recover from those injuries takes longer as you age. Montana was same age as Brady but he got a fraction slow then got knocked senseless from which he didnt recover enough to play.