What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen. Kiss with a sledge hammer. Sign or Far cough.

SHARKS STAR REVEALS NO.1 FEAR FOR CRONULLA

Cronulla captain Paul Gallen fears the Sharks could be left with a gaping hole at fullback if the club doesn’t fetch the signature of Valentine Holmes or Ben Barba.

The 37-year-old, who decided to play on for a record 19th season last week, said Cronulla couldn’t afford to sit on their hands with Holmes weighing up his future and Ben Barba eyeing an NRL return.

“(It) could ... be a problem for Flanno (coach Shane Flanagan) going forward,” Gallen told the Nine Network’s 100% Footy on the fullback position.

“If Val does decide to leave post-2019 and we miss the opportunity to get a Ben Barba, that’s when all the sudden you have a hole.

“But they’re going to throw everything they can to keep Val Holmes at the club long term.”

Holmes is under contract at Cronulla until the end of 2019 but rumoured to be pondering a return home to Townsville to join North Queensland as early as next season.

But Flanagan last week emphatically denied Holmes would be granted an early release.

The 23-year-old Queensland and Test representative is yet to take up a reported five-year, $4-million contract extension offer from the Sharks - something his captain finds unnerving.

“Val will be at the club in 2019. He’s still contracted. We’re talking 2020 and beyond,” Gallen said.

“I just don’t know why Val hasn’t signed the contract already, that’s why you get a little bit concerned that maybe he might head off in 2020.

“But I’d love to see him stay. There’s a whole lot more opportunities down here in Sydney.”

Despite the Sharks committing to Holmes as their long-term fullback, Gallen rolled out the welcome wagon for former teammate Barba who the club cut ties with two years ago for testing positive to cocaine.

“I’d love to have Ben Barba back at our club,” he said on the 2012 Dally M Medal winner.

“Ben Barba, to me, is the best fullback I’ve ever played with. At his peak, I’d say he was better than Billy Slater. Billy Slater was better for a much longer period of time.”

The Sharks are viewed as the most likely destination for the 2016 premiership- winning No.1 upon his NRL return after getting his career back on track in the English Super League.

Eion

First Grade
We certainly lose a bit with both Val and barbs not here. But with duges and moyza around it’s not the end of the world. Plenty of cash to go for someone else.

sandshark

Bench
I hope Gal is in Flanno's ear about Barba. I also share Gal's concern about Holmes not already signing up yet.
Makes me think that he will test himself on the open market to get a better deal.

Quigs

Immortal
Farrah Faucet was doing the tapping but she wasn't leaking. I know she can make a good flange, because she's an angel.

e1c50e0aec99a2927e32f135d5a83404--taking-a-break-farrah-fawcett.jpg

Stake Removed

First Grade
You can bet Holmes manager is saying wait till november 1, you could be leading try scorer for year another premership winner.

Also you could bet be more then Sharks/Cowboys interested, that will help bump your price up

Was she the quigs everyone wanted to get into back in the day Geoffrey?

By today’s standard she is an absolute dog.

Women today are as fake as f**k. Get em on the tequila, keep em up late , get em up early & take a photo as they wake.
Thats who they really are. fake lips, nose, cheeks, Titts, arse, & calves is the majority , mot the minority.
I have been in love with Farrah my entire life. Absolute, natural doll.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Women today are as fake as f**k. Get em on the tequila, keep em up late , get em up early & take a photo as they wake.
Thats who they really are. fake lips, nose, cheeks, Titts, arse, & calves is the majority , mot the minority.
I have been in love with Farrah my entire life. Absolute, natural doll.
COAT.....you love them..hahahahahaa

Yeah some women are but they aren’t the ones I’m talking about. I know a lot of sexy women who are not those kinds of girls. I just thing FF is ugly. But you don’t like Holmes so we are even.

There are none that aren;t like that. Go hang out in a plastic surgery clinic for the day. You will see them all their. Every last one of them.

Latest posts