What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Minimal Stank Please

Liberate Souths

Juniors
It's ok, over at the people's liberationist collective Souths forum (where the mods hate me) there is still a lot of support for the Maguire process and the same game plan that has led to us winning about 2 games in three seasons.

It reminds me of the Iraqi defence minister appearing on tv during that war telling the world media everything is going well while f-15s can be seen flying around just behind him In the background bombing the crap out of military targets in downtown Baghdad.

And because us Rabbitoh patriots, the coalition of the willing, we want change, we are total out casts. They are scared of us and what we represent ie winning.

I mean I am willing for the bunnies to get smashed for the greater long term good of the klub. In fact, for the balance of the year, I am hoping for 40 point plus losses.

And some of the village idiots can't get their heads around this extreme form of loyalty. They think it's disloyal and unkind.

i kind of feel at home here at the sharks forum.

I hate Queensland if that helps....

snout

First Grade
It's ok, over at the people's liberationist collective Souths forum (where the mods hate me) there is still a lot of support for the Maguire process and the same game plan that has led to us winning about 2 games in three seasons.

It reminds me of the Iraqi defence minister appearing on tv during that war telling the world media everything is going well while f-15s can be seen flying around just behind him In the background bombing the crap out of military targets in downtown Baghdad.

And because us Rabbitoh patriots, the coalition of the willing, we want change, we are total out casts. They are scared of us and what we represent ie winning.

I mean I am willing for the bunnies to get smashed for the greater long term good of the klub. In fact, for the balance of the year, I am hoping for 40 point plus losses.

And some of the village idiots can't get their heads around this extreme form of loyalty. They think it's disloyal and unkind.

True dat on your first paragraph.

Maguire is a man devoid of ideas. Laurie daley exhibited the same symptoms 2 - 3 years into his blues gig.
They think sending the same players out to do the same job will defy a changing tide.

Madge squeezed every drop out of the rabbitoh lemon. Sam burgess alone keeps them competitive.

Selling inglis to the broncs and buying cronk/maloney would be step 2 after sacking madge and the twins and sutton.

Last edited:
Maguire is not a bad coach, but they are bad salary cap managers. Souths are the result of what happens when you pay the wrong guys, too much money. In our case, thats Holmes. Sharks should have flicked Holmes & doubled Barbas salary

coolumsharkie

Referee

Not much fluff in this forum I can tell you. After being beaten children for 49+ years most of us older crew grew into repugnant cynics, albeit with a fair sprinkling of irony.

Lyall Gorman and Flanno have built a great squad and club with smart purchases that have paid div's big time, we really have both them and some others to thank for our latest successes. Apart from the fantastic year we had and a very enjoyable off season, it's business as usual here.

Liberate Souths

Juniors
Rabbits taking their game today to Cairns V Cowboys...weird.

Long way back for an impending Friday night game.

Yes, we may as well take our game into enemy territory so the fans can be against us. This is an example of the cheap coin over sanity.

It could also be because richo can buy a bigger and fresher pineapple donut up yonder.

Sorry for the analogy but our management "have jumped the shark".

Pass me the drano!

Madsharkie

First Grade
I was at the game. Absolutely bucketed down... though both teams did play in the same conditions, so can't use that one as an excuse.

The thing that stuck out for me was the Titans line speed in defence. Was 10 times better than ours. We seemed very flat, maybe a hangover from the origin period.

Aside from Gal, who led the way, I thought Nu looked pretty dangerous from hooker. Seg didn't offer much, to be expected, but they probably left him on too long (probably trying to get his game time up). The rest of them were lazy and shit.

Titans wanted that one more than us. Disappointing because they weren't great, we were just off.

Next!

Surely

Post Whore
gal was huge

the main difference was ash Taylor, agile and quick in the wet.

Maloney would have been our answer alas he had a headache

Liberate Souths

Juniors
It's a stellar effort to attend the game in that wet.

They are a very good side on paper the titans. Just a bit bi polar.

Ahh, listening to abc grandstand, the tigers are getting carved up by turbo and Dce.

The moment they get a bit lost the tigers, they collapse. No heart at all.

Why they continue with Woods and Tedesco is beyond me. I guess cleary plays them hoping they will get badly injured. Teach them a loyalty lesson.

Gal would play full back under Maguire.

Bloody silvertails 2nd on the ladder. Someone slap Maguire on the face!

Last edited:

Stake Removed

First Grade
Why was Lewis kept off field till half time ??

Chad seemed slow compared to Ash Taylor he was doing things at speed CT going slow, i expected more from him

Latest posts