What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - NRLW - Sharks vs Parra

Because the NRL likes double headers to pad out crowd numbers.

The real question is why does Parramatta have 7 players in the PM XIII and the Sharks only 1?

Australian women's Prime Minister's XIII squad​

• Teagan Berry (Dragons)
  • Kennedy Cherrington, vice capt. (Eels)
  • Rueben Cherrington (Eels)
  • Abbi Church (Eels)
  • Keisha-Leigh Coolwell (Broncos)
  • Quincy Dodd (Sharks)
  • Kayla Fleming (First Nations Gems)
  • Tallisha Harden, capt. (Cowboys)
  • Kimberley Hunt (Eels)
  • Emma Manzelmann (Cowboys)
  • Jasmin Morrissey (First Nations Gems)
  • Rachael Pearson (Eels)
  • Christian Pio (Wests Tigers)
  • China Polata (Cowboys)
  • Tiana Raftstrand-Smith (Cowboys)
  • Taneka Todhunter (Eels)
  • Cassey Tohi-Hiku (Eels)
  • Botille Vette-Welsh (Wests Tigers)
  • Jakiya Whitfeld (Wests Tigers)
  • Janelle Williams (Raiders)
Our players are too good?
I've watched a fair bit of the NRLW and that to me looks like the 3rd tier team.
I'd say when the firsts squad is announced for the test matches we'll have maybe 4 in that squad, plus a couple in the Kiwis.
Cronulla will have more representation in the Australian firsts squad than Parra.

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah but his dad voted Labour, his dad's dad before that and his great Grandad also voted Labour and his great, great, great, great grandfather as well

No immovable fixed belief there at all LOL

It is Labor your idjet, not labour.

There is no "U" in ALP Labor and I reckon they wouldn't far-can have youse.

For the record I have not been a card carrying Labor bloke since me days at the Tradies (Gymea) back in the great Gough Whitlam era. But I still man the polling booths State and Federal as part of my duty to uphold our democracy.

That's just the guy I am.

Feck this political talk shyte.
THEY ARE ALL THE FECKING SAME.
Couldn't pick chick's up when they were young so they become Pollys.
In Australia it seems the Mr. Sheens look is still in vogue:
Howard, Rudd, Morrison, Albanese.
What a turn on.

I demand a re-open of the QANTAS thread to get this fecking bullshyte contained.
I work in the public service where politics is referred to as "Showbusiness for ugly people".

where do I start, or who do I leave out ? Ok there are a few exceptions, such as Rose Jackson, Tanya P, Claire O'Neil.
Maybe Wrong Tread for my Monday night Irrigation break observations , But I like to sound old and wise now and then, so I'll continue in hope. Womens game has been revelation for me this year and last couple weeks especially. Takes me back to younger days when I had brief attempt to coach some younger Basketaball players . They all wanted to watch mens game MJ, Kareem Abdull , Magic etc ... Well realistically those kinda players are Elite , they play at level Far and away above anything those young kids could dream of for years , if ever > good for inspiration , not so good for learning basics. At the time the Olympics was on and Womens games were broadcast and the basics .... slightly ,slower , slightly shorter slightly less athletic were being Broadcast. , Thing NOT slightly less was Tactics and Teamwork ,.. Playmaking .. Also easier to see and explain to the kids ,being a bit slower and less dependant on power and physical dominance. The shot form at times was laughable , but the good teams cut down the bad shots with good shot selection. A man / womans got to know their limitations ,as Clint Eastwood would say ! I enjoyed that Olympics and think it helped those kids . Im getting similar thoughts about the Womens game these days in the Rugaby League!

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
So apparently 2 records set in that game.

The halfback now holds the record for most individual points in a game and 56 is the biggest score ever in the NRLAIC
50 Points is also the biggest winning margin. Annessa Biddle was also close to the most meters in a game.
Ellie Johnson set the record for most tries by a forward in a season.

The loss to Wests and the Titans at home really hurt. Could have and should have been playing finals footy.

shaggs

Coach
50 Points is also the biggest winning margin. Annessa Biddle was also close to the most meters in a game.

The loss to Wests and the Titans at home really hurt. Could have and should have been playing finals footy.
What’s your opinion of the halfback?
I was also not over impressed with penitani and takiarangi.
Talea Holmes was tough every game for a smaller forward.

cb4

First Grade
Preston? Nothing special really, but we spent all our money on the rest of our spine, including making Tonegato one of the highest paid players in the game.
She has one of the best long kicks on her but she is pretty limited in what she can do.
This was an experimental spine really, a 19 year old rookie Fullback who will be very good when she is older. The best Fullback converted to a 6, an above average 7 and a solid 9.
I like the foundation of the team.

The team really lacks another big body at prop, but the squad will come together nicely.
I think the decision to give Penitani the POTY was political, as we had to do a lot of convincing to get her to break her contract and then sign with us.
Biddle was far better, Tonegato was far better, and none of them were better than Ellie Johnson.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Yep on Biddle, was waiting on final metre count to comment but forgot to check. I guess she didn't quite get there

I hope she beats that bloke from Broncettes to the ROTY award

Frenzy.

Immortal

Mud. But the backup was Studdon who is muddier. Can NOT tackle. Should be called Maddie Moylan

shaggs

Coach
Going forward I think they need Taylor and tonegato to play as 2 fullbacks in attack. Roam either side of the ruck.

Going forward I think they need Taylor and tonegato to play as 2 fullbacks in attack. Roam either side of the ruck.
They would occasionally do this, but predominantly they stayed on the left.
The combination between these two was growing well. If the competition went another 5 rounds we would have seen their true wealth.
It wasn’t just their on the ball play, their off the ball play was starting to pay dividends in the fact that other teams were starting to follow these two, so they were creating illusions which resulted in plays where Biddle and the wingers got the space created.
As cb4 mentioned, the Tigers and Titans games hurt us, note that Taylor wasn’t playing in either of these games and the team had makeshift fullbacks. It also halted the development of the combination between Tonegato and Taylor. Like I said, if they’d had a few more rounds I feel they would have taken down more teams the way they were progressing.
I was impressed with our back row, good tough players, and at the end they seemed to have found a decent partner for Johnstone in the front row in Dymock.
Preston seems like a “forced player”, not so natural in the way she plays, unlike others in the team who actually play like footy players.