What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs Balmain and the The Western Suburbs of Sydney

Frenzy.

Immortal
Lovely play from the Sharks there, Fifita has offloaded every time he's touched in this spell, Holmes showed good awareness and Ramien is so hard to stop when he is in open space.

Not to mention the 4th tackle run by the old man to get the field position

wibble

Bench
Looked much sharper with Soggy at DH. Brailey was slow with no run threat

We always look much sharper with Seggy on. Would like to see him get some time at the end of the first half as well.

I am a fan of Brailey but he is a developing first grader, and Seggy is a seasoned veteran who always threatens, even if he over plays it sometimes.

Weaponhead

Coach
We always look much sharper with Seggy on. Would like to see him get some time at the end of the first half as well.

I am a fan of Brailey but he is a developing first grader, and Seggy is a seasoned veteran who always threatens, even if he over plays it sometimes.
Brailey is not doing enough to take heat of forwards. No running and engaging markers enough. He is young but needs to lift

Card Shark

Immortal
Brailey needs to run from dummy half more.

When he does, he normally makes good metres.

Suppose we were on the backfoot for the whole time he was out there, which makes it a bit harder to do.

wibble

Bench
Brailey is not doing enough to take heat of forwards. No running and engaging markers enough. He is young but needs to lift

He does enough for a hooker whose job is to absorb the initial pressure in the game and keep the team ticking until Seggy comes on when the opposition tires.

Seggy can't play 80, so Brailey would be perfect to start each half. He just isn't being played that way.

He is better than plenty of other hookers in the game with years more experience (Peats, for example, who is an Origin hooker).

I agree it would be nice to see more from him, but he is developing. His running game has improved this year compared to last, and he is better defensively as well.

He has tried a few kicks. I too, would like to see him engage markers more, and kick more, but those will come.

Stake Removed

First Grade
How many times this year have we finished without full compliment, we seem to be getting fair share of injuries and HIA

wibble

Bench
How many times this year have we finished without full compliment, we seem to be getting fair share of injuries and HIA

Yep. Not much luck this year. But we are still thereabouts.

We will need some luck to make a run in the finals (all teams do) so hopefully we are getting rid of all our bad luck right now (I know it doesn't actually work like that...)

Stake Removed

First Grade
I have been a critic of Val, but he is improving in the fullback role, he is now getting in position in attack, even the offload to Ramien he was thinking on his feet.

The defence still needs work, thats the hardest area to work on

Latest posts