What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Pennies

Foz

Bench
If we’d lost that game I’d be whinging about Maloney not being sin binned.
I know others mentioned it on here but because we won it’ll go through to the keeper.
When the bunker we’re going through there examination of the Segeyaro inspired try they even mentioned Maloney takes Dugan out.
Thought it was the whole point of the sin bin that you don’t take players out with a try scoring opportunity.
I’m not dirty on Jimmy as he made the right call (anyone in his position would’ve done the same)but someone in the bunkers erred there.

Or have I got it wrong and because the try was scored it’s negated?

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ

shaggs

Coach
If we’d lost that game I’d be whinging about Maloney not being sin binned.
I know others mentioned it on here but because we won it’ll go through to the keeper.
When the bunker we’re going through there examination of the Segeyaro inspired try they even mentioned Maloney takes Dugan out.
Thought it was the whole point of the sin bin that you don’t take players out with a try scoring opportunity.
I’m not dirty on Jimmy as he made the right call (anyone in his position would’ve done the same)but someone in the bunkers erred there.

Or have I got it wrong and because the try was scored it’s negated?
I think that is correct.
If there is foul play in the ‘act’ of scoring then an 8 Point attempt can be awarded

A penalty try is awarded when the player isn’t allowed the opportunity to score and would have likely scored.

In this case I don’t think a penalty try would have been given because it was so far out, but those rules are a bit more relaxed these days

PJ

First Grade
I think that is correct.
If there is foul play in the ‘act’ of scoring then an 8 Point attempt can be awarded

A penalty try is awarded when the player isn’t allowed the opportunity to score and would have likely scored.

In this case I don’t think a penalty try would have been given because it was so far out, but those rules are a bit more relaxed these days

The on field ref called it a penalty try if a try hadn't been scored when he referred it upstairs.

shaggs

Coach
The on field ref called it a penalty try if a try hadn't been scored when he referred it upstairs.

I think that can be overridden.

And if it was not deemed a penalty try then it would have been a sin bin

I would say so. However, it was a shoulder charge. That should have least been on report. Doesn’t warrant suspension or fine.

MilkShark

First Grade
I’ve only watched the highlights but geez I reckon Sorenson looks quicker than Leutele, heaps quicker actually. Got a nice left foot step on him too, exactly what a left centre needs.

MilkShark

First Grade
Yeah it’s a bit out there. But I haven’t seen leutele score a try from outside 10m I think ever.

MilkShark

First Grade
You did say ever.

And I am sure Stake or someone with more time on their hands than me could find a few since then as well.
Yeh I’m sure they could find something. I just think we need to look at replacing Leutele for more strike on our left side.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I am not sold on Edrick, but other than him I reckon what we had yesterday was pretty much our best 1-7. Who would you put in instead of Loots?

MilkShark

First Grade
No idea mate. I reckon flano will stick with him again next year otherwise maybe he would have went harder trying to keep Ramien. Even though he is apparently leaving for family reasons.

Makes it hard when we have the highest paid winger in the comp for us to replace Leutele.and we also will need to cheaply replace Lewis and Gal for next year.

Hope coach has a plan.

When Katoa is back I think Lee will drop out also

Last edited:

Latest posts