What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Rorters

shadowboxer

First Grade
Beat Storm..?
You didn't see them tonight did you.
They are a class above any other team it's a no contest
That's probally the only positive as a sharks fan. No one will get past them in 2017 - if they do it would be a greater effort than us last year. I think most commentators know that but they have to keep up the illusion that this is a 8 horse race

Quigs

Immortal
Soooo many problems, soooo little time.

Watching our mob I'm afraid even Bob the Builder won't be able to fix it. He might try or he might want to try but it is just too badly broke. I have now realised it. It was there for all to see tonight.

It has been a beautiful feeling to be able to say we are the reigning NRL Premiers and yes we have that for another 5 or 6 weeks but at sometime you just have to let it go.

I've now joined Dr King and I know what it is like to have been to the mountain.

Just please the Gods of League ... "Just don't let it be the far-can Donkeys"

wibble

Bench
I think Storm are deservedly about the hottest favourites I've seen in the NRL era. But they are not certainties. They have about a 50% record against the top 5, and they need to win 3 in a row to win the competition. As I said last week, they are easily the most likely to win, but if I had to say which result out of Storm winning or Storm not winning is most likely, I'd still say the latter is slight favourite.

Which means all the rest of us useless, out of form teams are scrabbling to be part of that other result. We may only be about 20% or so likely to be the other, and Roosters, Eels, and Broncos would make up most the rest of that, Panthers probably close to us, but that is still some chance.

Obviously our attack has been down all year, our penalties and handling are way off, and lately our defense is poor. But a few times this year we have shut out good sides, and a few times we have piled on points against good teams, so we are capable.

Tonight's result really hurts, and despite just losing and having some poor luck, we also stunk it up at times when we really needed to do better. And we could easily go in to the finals in 5th or 6th and lose to the Dragons/Sea Eagles first round, and bow out earlier, as is the tradition for premiers.

But we also might win that final. Then we are the same boat as last year at the start of the finals, in poor form, but needing three finals wins in a row to win. So it is still a possibility.

Quigs

Immortal
I am not making excuses as we were shit and definately deserved not to win.

But youse know how Gal was penalised in that tackle.

Well when youse get a chance watch the replay of the charge down that got them the ball back in a good possie. I reckon that Cordner was only about 5 metres offside.

But no excuses from me. We are as dumb as dogshit the style we play with no plan Bs, plan Cs or Ds or anyone in the side that has the brains to realise it is time to zap over from plan A to another plan.

Youse know what I mean. Like hitting it up in a 7 tackle set and setting up for a field goal. Most sides have that worked out. We just call it panic stations.

wibble

Bench
I am not making excuses as we were shit and definately deserved not to win.

But youse know how Gal was penalised in that tackle.

Well when youse get a chance watch the replay of the charge down that got them the ball back in a good possie. I reckon that Cordner was only about 5 metres offside.

But no excuses from me. We are as dumb as dogshit the style we play with no plan Bs, plan Cs or Ds or anyone in the side that has the brains to realise it is time to zap over from plan A to another plan.

Youse know what I mean. Like hitting it up in a 7 tackle set and setting up for a field goal. Most sides have that worked out. We just call it panic stations.

The penalties were suitably arbitrary all game, just as they always are. Makes it hard to watch, our crap form just makes it even worse.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Taga might've picked up an injury tonight, as the NRL 'casualty ward' says he has a calf injury... anyone know?

zmt

Juniors
Whoever the two who turned the fire hydrant on & sprayed the rooster fan, i would be ashamed if i was you. Once wasnt enough even though he was worried about his phone & items. The second guy ended up spraying the crowd including toddlers. Give yourselves an uppercut

Card Shark

Immortal
It has been a beautiful feeling to be able to say we are the reigning NRL Premiers and yes we have that for another 5 or 6 weeks but at sometime you just have to let it go.

Had the flag flying out the front of the house for a year...not much longer...

Quigs

Immortal
Arrh there is nothing like an imbecile from a from a folded club that had to merge to survive coming in here trying to assert some sort of "hey look at you now" syndrome.

Want to look at something? Have a look at the 8 apartment towers and the construction around Shark Park. Our future securing development. The only club in the NRL that owns its own ground. Safe secure real estate.

Compare that to Benny Elias's Balmain Tigers Leagues club complex.

Funny old world hey. The game is not all about winning a comp, it is also about surviving as 'your' identity and being able to follow the club you want to follow and not an 'pretend' club pushed upon you by the NRL.

The dignity factor comes into it too. If my club was forced to merge then it wouldn't be my club and I know I would not hesitate to turn my back on the game.

We long time Sharks supporters will always be the winners when it comes to loyalty.