What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Tigerpies

Quigs

Immortal
We played a shit team!
And we played like shit too. Gawd it was painful to watch.

At least for most of the game we were consistant. Five one out hit ups and a kick.

How many times did a big bloke break the line and look for a pass to someone but someone was standing statue like 15 metres back and just getting ready for his turn to hit it up.

Pharrrkkkkk it is boring as batshit.

This side would of killed it in the unlimited tackle days. Tuck the ball under your arm, head down arse up and run straight ahead.

Card Shark

Immortal
How many times did a big bloke break the line and look for a pass to someone but someone was standing statue like 15 metres back and just getting ready for his turn to hit it up.

That's Holmes' job but we use him as a battering ram a tackle or 2 after a kick.

We have Feki, Leutele & Beale for that.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Had this pencilled in as another Shat loss, but a shat win is a win. Glad I missed it - helmet at manning bar beckoned and it was loud and as crisp as I remembered from the 90's.

Madsharkie

First Grade
...This side would of killed it in the unlimited tackle days. Tuck the ball under your arm, head down arse up and run straight ahead.
No we wouldn't! We can't hold it for 5-6, let alone unlimited tackles! Worst completion rate in the nrl remember...

wibble

Bench
You mean bombed 6 or 7 dont you?
There were at least 3 in each half, maybe more.
Its execution day
Ours is off

I guess it depends on how close you have to go to consider a try bombed.

None of them were really easy chances, but there were the two dropped balls (Graham and Feki) that were certain tries if caught, that were at least average difficulty.

Heighington and Latimore certainly could have scored, but were well held up. It was certainly possible that a better player/greater execution would have scored on those two, but I'm not sure they were "bombed".

Feki possibly scores if he doesn't step on the line, but he was being shepherded into touch, so that was a tough chance.

I can't think of any other bombed tries, but we also dropped a few when we would have likely made a line break, and they could have led to tries.

But yes, if we were playing the same way in all other aspects but with much better execution in those few moments, we could easily have scored 40 points.

I rewatched the game earlier, and I was less pessimistic the second viewing (without having to be nervous for the result). We were pretty dominant most the game, in most aspects. Our defense and go forward were generally excellent.

It really is just poor concentration/execution at a few (10 or so...) crucial moments that let us down. If you think about it like that, we just need to improve one play, every 8 minutes or so, to win games like that by 20 points.

snout

First Grade
We are playing a dont give a f**k style at the moment.

Mistakes & penalties ....its just not a priority cause we believe we only have to do enuff to win.

Problem is theres a fine line with just doing enuff - we found that out in the tits game.

We only have eyes for the big contest.

The big show is contagious. The high we've never had. Just dont get that hit against Mitchell Moses.
Against Cooper? Yep
Ropana and his mates? Sure.

Playing like this and still equal 2nd?..ha. imagine when we get serious and Seggy gets into his groove.
And T Rex gets dirty.

We are def the team to beat.

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
Snout. We are the Cavs of the NRL.

Did not give a f**k during the entire season. Playoffs arrive and suddenly they win 4-0 in round 1.

Frenzy.

Immortal

None of them were really easy chances, but there were the two dropped balls (Graham and Feki) that were certain tries if caught, that were at least average difficulty.

Heighington and Latimore certainly could have scored, but were well held up. It was certainly possible that a better player/greater execution would have scored on those two, but I'm not sure they were "bombed".

Feki possibly scores if he doesn't step on the line, but he was being shepherded into touch, so that was a tough chance.

I can't think of any other bombed tries, but we also dropped a few when we would have likely made a line break, and they could have led to tries.

But yes, if we were playing the same way in all other aspects but with much better execution in those few moments, we could easily have scored 40 points.

I rewatched the game earlier, and I was less pessimistic the second viewing (without having to be nervous for the result). We were pretty dominant most the game, in most aspects. Our defense and go forward were generally excellent.

It really is just poor concentration/execution at a few (10 or so...) crucial moments that let us down. If you think about it like that, we just need to improve one play, every 8 minutes or so, to win games like that by 20 points.

Thank phuque for a watcher.

We scored 4 tries to 2. Bombed a fistful. I'm happy with their form considering the spine changes and 3/4 changes.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Also, who wants the team peaking in April? It's good anti burnout management to reel the changes and discipline in slowly.

Clifferd

Coach

Tigers bombed a few too not to mention the disallowed try lol and were down to 2 men on the bench for 45 mins (one being a back aswell) 6 point win is pretty poor

Hate these hypotheticals

Last edited: