What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Brailey shits on Seggy defensively but Seggy will provide an attacking x-factor at some point. Have saved both our lazy efforts for the two worst sides we have played. Got lucky through a bit of Burrito and Jimmy magic at the death yesterday but got what we deserved against the putrid Stains. Think we will lift next week against quality opposition. Next two weeks will gauge where we're really at....Storm and Pennies away.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
As an angry wounded warrior, in desperation I consulted the nice guy within me.He suggested ,relax champ "we were saving ourselves for the Mexicans next weekend".
We played like a team of strangers for the sole reason of putting the Storm off guard next week.

Confuscious say play like sh*thouse house this week, play like penthouse the following."
Will need Black Label next week

ragzouken

Juniors
We look like a team who lost half its spine in the offseason, we will come good but we are going to struggle inside the oppositions 10, barbs and Ennis were massive for us last year, Holmes can't do what barbs did, Brailey has been good for a young bloke and we will be a lot better once seggy gets some more game time.

Holmes was lazy getting back to position.

Wasn't really lazy in the chase as he gave him nearly a 10m head start.

He didn't chase as there was no way he catches him.
I had a clear view at the game and even when Holmes was packing in the scrum I had a feeling something wasn't right. I don't know if it was his demeanour but he looked uncomfortable. When the pack broke I saw him just meander back but by then it was too late.
I think some time in practice for certain situations is needed.
A total hit and miss day for Holmes, with the miss(es) more costly than the hits unfortunately.

Card Shark

Immortal
As an angry wounded warrior, in desperation I consulted the nice guy within me.He suggested ,relax champ "we were saving ourselves for the Mexicans next weekend".
We played like a team of strangers for the sole reason of putting the Storm off guard next week.

Confuscious say play like sh*thouse house this week, play like penthouse the following."

Like the finals last year & the raiders this year, we can switch on.

That game yesterday might've been the perfect warm up for Melbourne....2 points but still a kick in the arse.

snout

First Grade
Storm are playing so clinical at the moment.
Playing like a team who are filthy they fell agonisingly short at the final hurdle last season and are hell bent on making up for this one.

We are playing like busteds.
Like a team who finally reached the summit - looked around, enjoyed the view and when we got back to the bottom and someone said climb it again we thought 'Why'.

Bellamy will look at us and see Gal. Feefs. Lewie. Bird. Jim. Prior. Heighno and Bukes.
He wont sleep for a week.

Bellyache knows what makes these guys tick.
Its a challenge.
And our challenge is that everyone believes the summit is too great this year.

The beast has been poked.
Will be the game of the year so far in 2017.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Holmes was lazy getting back to position.

Wasn't really lazy in the chase as he gave him nearly a 10m head start.

He didn't chase as there was no way he catches him.
No question lazy, but the bloke in the second row should have made the tackle....but did not his name is James the over rated.

Pink undies was crap too.

wibble

Bench
Storm are not in great form. They are defending well (except last week) and finding ways to win even when they are off.

They did enough to win vs poor Bulldogs and Warriors teams, without looking good (like us vs Eels and Knights), they were very poor against the Tigers, but the Tigers fell apart and they did enough (similar to us vs Dragons but Dragons didn't fall apart), they were OK but lucky vs an OK Broncos (like us minus the luck), and were excellent against highly rated Panthers (like us vs Canberra, though they were on all game, not just 60 minutes).

The main difference between us and the Storm is completions, which is keeping them more in games when they are off than us, and kick defense, since when teams can't get through them they are not conceding to kicks (or intercepts) like we are.

In general play, Storm have been poor to great, depending on the game, but good enough when it counts, and we have been poor to great, depending on the game, but not always good enough when it counts (same could be said of many teams).

The Storm deserve to be favourites next week and this year, because they tend to switch on enough to win more than other teams, but they are not exceptionally better than other good teams, when they are all playing at their best. The comp is wide open, and we are as good as anyone.

I had a clear view at the game and even when Holmes was packing in the scrum I had a feeling something wasn't right. I don't know if it was his demeanour but he looked uncomfortable. When the pack broke I saw him just meander back but by then it was too late.
I think some time in practice for certain situations is needed.
A total hit and miss day for Holmes, with the miss(es) more costly than the hits unfortunately.

I heard someone say Val Holmes got a hip injury at some stage of the game and is in doubt for next week.

snout

First Grade
Hopefully Holmes realises its him V Billy next week and if that doesnt see him bring his A game to the park then hes just prima donna.

Billys aim will be to leave nobody in doubt by the end of the 70 minutes whos the master and whos the pupil.

Special K

Coach
Started playing hero ball when up by 12 against one of the worst sides in the history of the comp. Played like they expected to win by 40. They'll cop a flogging over that.

One thing that stood out is that we have no speed out wide now Val is at fullback. Feki is a truck, Leutele has great starts to our sets, Bird is aggressive and creative and Beale is slow. We need to find some speed as right now Val is the only one who can go long range where as last year we had 2 weapons who could go 50-60 and the rest just had to support.

snout

First Grade
are you suggesting tha Holmes is a chance to play fullback for QLD?
Gawd no.

Just want him to show some pride and make it personal.
Put his body on the line for the club.

Was easier to be on the end of Ben and Bird last year and do high dives into the corner for 3 pointers.

Nows time to live up to the headlines- and what better opportunity than this to make a statement.

He wasnt the best fullback on the park yesterday. In the top 2 tho.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Early in a long season.
Nice arfo in the sun
Look good in patches
Chad t can get bent
Sign Lewis and Gallen now for next season

Latest posts