What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

BennyV

Referee
For mine, that whole final scene was sort of let down by THeon being a little bitch. I feel like we've been there before.

Also, the Nymeria thing was so weird, like, what's the point? Is it just a nod to the fact that many of us were hoping they'd reunite? If so, it felt cheap.

Seeing some strong/interesting similarities in the way that Dany and Jon are 'ruling' and making decisions, there's gotta be some sort of reasoning for that...

Euron definitely should have been introduced in Season 5 and featured in a handful of episodes last season to build the character a bit more. Euron is love. Euron is life.

Aragorn

First Grade
Also, the Nymeria thing was so weird, like, what's the point? Is it just a nod to the fact that many of us were hoping they'd reunite? If so, it felt cheap.

Seeing some strong/interesting similarities in the way that Dany and Jon are 'ruling' and making decisions, there's gotta be some sort of reasoning for that...

1. I dont think thats the last you'll see of Nymeria and the wolf pack. Suspect you'll see that pack back saving Aryla later 2.

2. Jon and Dany have similarities because they're Targarean

For mine, that whole final scene was sort of let down by THeon being a little bitch. I feel like we've been there before.

Euron definitely should have been introduced in Season 5 and featured in a handful of episodes last season to build the character a bit more. Euron is love. Euron is life.
I think Theon faked it. He couldn't have done anything to help his sister in the position they were in.

Shorty

Staff member
If you had a sister or brother in that situation would u run away and leave them for dead?
Yeah I think this is a show deviation personally, I've noticed a few where they're clunky.

Yara's fate is up in the air in the books atm too, well...sorta'.

Vozzy

Juniors
One thing annoying me is in one episode Jon goes from winterfell to dragonstone but it's taken 7 years for the white walkers to get to the wall even though they have met Jon snow on their side of the wall so it's not that far.

Also on episode 2 funny how one of the sand snakes was talking about having it on with the mountain. Now she will get her wish lol.

Danish

Referee
Something I really liked about this episode, was that it showed pretty accurately what happens when small chicks try to fight large dudes. The sand snakes were taken to school in all of 2 minutes by Euron, and Yara didn't fare much better either, getting her ass handed to her in short order.

I know the show has dragons and magic and honest to goodness f**king gods, but I do enjoy that GOT knows that if you want to have a woman kicking ass you damned well better get a huge bitch like Brienne in there who looks like she could realistically match it with her opponents physically in close combat. It was also quite funny that they showed just how much useless a bloody whip is in a sword fight.

As for the prize for Cersei, I am guessing Euron will be offering up Ellaria and her daughter so that she may avenge her daughter (although one wonders if she even cares about her at this point).

Pommy

Coach
What do people think about the theory that this entire story is being told by Sam in a book?
Explains why the 'blade' from the opening credits feature so much, they are located in the ceiling of the citadel.
It gives the dialogue about needing to have a poetic writing style a bit more meaning also.

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
One thing I forgot is Dany grilling the hell out of Varys.
Nobody has done this, he's had a free ride this whole way but Dany put him on the spot, showing a lot of assertiveness.
I still can't figure out what he wants but he's less suss than LF that's for sure.

DlEHARD

Juniors
If they want Euron to be seen as badder than Ramsay they are going the wrong way about it. Killing a couple of those pathetic sand snakes wins me over!

The Greyworm and Missandei storyline has always felt pointless and forced.

Enjoying the season so far. But they need to keep the clever transition shots to a minimum or it'll get cheesy.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Euron's reaction when Theon jumped overboard was priceless. There's an element of the Joker about him.

He's a different kind of villain to Joffrey or Ramsay. Rather than being an evil to the core sociopath, Euron just seems to f**king love raising hell.

And yes, he earns my undying love and devotion for killing two of those annoying Sand Snakes.

If you had a sister or brother in that situation would u run away and leave them for dead?
He moves forward and she's dead. It's well acknowledged that the writting has gone downhill since GRRM left but surely they haven't put this much time into Theon for nothing.

Shorty

Staff member
I don't understand how people have such a strong opinion about the sandsnakes or the love scenes, like it's literally a few minutes.

I'm not looking forward to next few weeks, Cersei is going to have a field day with Ellaria and her daughter.