What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Its not who your father is but where the kid is from i think. I dont think there is any specific rule mind. Only two of Roberts bastards got last names (in the books) mya stone and edrick storm and they have different last names based on where they were born

I think bran is arguing that because jon was born in dorne he is jon sand rather than jon waters (the gay director) if he was born in the crownlands.

All that said ned must have done some talking to convince everyone jon was born in the north anyway. I think robert being the new king probably helped but his story has never really added up. I guess at the end of the day nobody really gives a shit about bastards

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep bastard names are based on region.

North: Snow
Riverlands: Rivers
Stormlands: Storm
Vale: Stone
Dorne: Sand
Reach: Flowers

Though it's inconsistent as Jon Snow wasn't born in the north. Maybe it's more about where they're raised? I think the writers may have mucked up a bit there.

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
He won the tournament at harrenhal. That is where he fell in love with lyanna. By that stage he realised that he wasn't the prince that was promised but his children would be. He must have thought his son was a bit shit and he decided he needed to make another kid with this badass chick.

He believed that he needed three kids for the prophecy to work. They were told Elia would die if she gave birth to another child, so he went and hooked up with Lyanna.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Re the bastard thing Jon is probably a pretty unique situation- bastards generally stay where they're born with their mothers so they are named according to that region. The only other exceptions I can think of are the Sand Snakes, as Oberyn seemed to take an unusual degree of interest in his bastard progeny and they seem to have all been raised in Dorne.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Re the bastard thing Jon is probably a pretty unique situation- bastards generally stay where they're born with their mothers so they are named according to that region. The only other exceptions I can think of are the Sand Snakes, as Oberyn seemed to take an unusual degree of interest in his bastard progeny and they seem to have all been raised in Dorne.
That's pretty typical of Dorne where marriage isnt as sacred as in other regions. They openly have relationships outside of marriage. Illarya was a paramour of Oberyn, essentially his mistress

Game_Breaker

Coach
If the Night King doesn't get a dragon, he can't break the wall and his army is stuck beyond the wall and they're no threat?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Yep bastard names are based on region.

North: Snow
Riverlands: Rivers
Stormlands: Storm
Vale: Stone
Dorne: Sand
Reach: Flowers

Though it's inconsistent as Jon Snow wasn't born in the north. Maybe it's more about where they're raised? I think the writers may have mucked up a bit there.
"You know nothing Jon flowers" just doesn't have the same ring to it

BestHookerRein

Juniors
e2b50268f236dcbcd02241c0391f815aa3cc575e4db5650c42217f504a1dfa15.jpg

saint.nick

Coach
Cleganebowl is totally gonna happen

He wasn't supposed to be a beast though, jousting was his thing. Robert messed him up good in a man on man scrap (Robert was a genuine beast, and was also far more of a miscast, Mark Addy was a foot too short and had brown hair, not black)
Yeah, physically, I always hated the Mark Addy casting. Even though he f**king nailed the acting, his casting didn't make sense because the strong Baratheon seed of black hair and blue eyes was a major plot point of the first season, yet at the same time Robert Baratheon on the show looks nothing like the traits Jon Arryn and Ned Stark were searching for.

I just don't get the show's inconsistency with depicting book-accurate physical looks. How the hell could they ignore making Mark Addy look like a true Baratheon, yet go to the effort of dyeing Joe Dempsie's hair black so he could look like a Baratheon? What's even more bizarre about that is they died it black so he could look like Robert, yet they kept Mark Addy's hair brown!

It was the same with Sean Bean. Ned Stark is supposed to have dark brown hair, yet Bean's Ned looked more like a Lannister than a Stark.

Then there's the fact they gradually couldn't be f**ked dying Alfie Allen's hair dark anymore. Then Tyrion's hair went from light blonde to basically brown.

mave

Coach
Cersei went from long hair to short hair...

And fk boy Jamie is rocking a beard.

I cant wait to see what the hair stylists come up with next season.