What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread: Round 18 v NZ - 2006 NRL Game of the Year - what a match!

Molon Lave

Juniors
RB30DETT said:
Now that Irvine has signed with souths, I dont think he will see much firstgrade.
Irvine has a rib injury which he copped last week, not that he was dropped

jimmythehand

Juniors
I think that RB30DETT has a point. We have sufficient players to cover Irvine and even if Irvine is marginally better than them, we might be better off developing the talent that is going to stay at the Dogs.

Asotasi on the other hand is streets ahead of the possible replacements, and it would be foolish not to play him as he can go a longer way than a player like Irvine to helping us win the premiership.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BULLDOGS vs WARRIORS head to head:

Luke Patten vs Brent Webb
Hazem El Masri vs Patrick Ah Van
Sonny Bill Williams vs Tony Martin
Willie Tonga vs Simon Mannering
Cameron Phelps vs Manu Vatuvei
Daniel Holdsworth vs Jerome Ropati =
Brent Sherwin vs Grant Rovelli =
Mark O'Meley vs Ruben Wiki
Tony Grimaldi vs Nathan Fien =
Roy Asotasi vs Steve Price (c) =
Willie Mason vs Awen Guttenbeil
Andrew Ryan (c) vs Louis Anderson
Reni Maitua vs Sione Faumuina =
Brad Morrin vs Lance Hohaia
Nate Myles vs Evarn Tuimavave =
Chris Armit vs Wairangi Koopu =
Dallas McIlwain vs Micheal Luck

Iafeta

Referee
Pity Graeme West isn't video ref, instead of Steve Nash... I'd feel a little bit more confident with Mr Magoo in the box to give us maybe a leg up.

da mad maori

Juniors
For me this is the one game where interest is always at its peak. No doubting you guys have it over us in terms of past results. But as a spectacle, theres nothing better.
I aint gonna be cheeky as to say, we're gonna take this one out. And neither should you's.
And I wouldnt mind betting that other club fans will be watching this one.
Good luck doggies. See ya on the other side of this game.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
I'm just glad we won't need to put up with the dick head biased bloody Kiwi commentators.

I mean for f**k sake, they just about blow a load whenever NZ get a friggin try!!! Its embarrassing - almost as bad as watching any Victorian team play Sydney in the AFL. Bias is one thing, but blatant "man love" is another!!!

Timmah

Staff member
Yeah, but is listening to Laurie Daley somehow work the Dragons into his call at a Bulldogs/Warriors game really going to be that good?

Having said that, hopefully he'll be at OKI Jubilee.

Timmah

Staff member
Crowd?

I reckon a good 12k will turn up. If we can get at least 13 or 14 out of 22k for the Tigers game we should be able to muster the fans again.

I'll be there with bells on. Don't forget all, there's a 2 for 1 ticket offer running if you have a geezer at the Canterbury-Bankstown Express newspaper. Hit www.bulldogs.com.au for more deets.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
bigdogsgottaeat said:
I'm just glad we won't need to put up with the dick head biased bloody Kiwi commentators.

I mean for f**k sake, they just about blow a load whenever NZ get a friggin try!!! Its embarrassing - almost as bad as watching any Victorian team play Sydney in the AFL. Bias is one thing, but blatant "man love" is another!!!

It's wonderful being at 13 of the 14 games a year they call.

ozbash

Referee

same here, i love away games just for that reason.

btw, one of them - costigan- is a true blue, dinky di aussie. :roll:

ropati is a disgrace.

Wiki

Juniors
Oh no - the doggies!!!

:crazy:

Just kidding. You are actually my second favourite team.

But I think we will have this one. I don't see you guys getting up for it after Origin. Individual players like Awen, Wiki, Price, Evarn, Mannering, Fien, Vatuvei, and Rovelli are just playing too well. Watch your halves. Fien will make a mockery of them.

We got this one.

We got this one.

Wiki

Juniors
Oh and watch for Martin to take over El Magic as the top points scorer in the competition.

He is only behind El Magic by 12.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wiki said:
Oh and watch for Martin to take over El Magic as the top points scorer in the competition.

He is only behind El Magic by 12.

I think Tony will need a couple of tries to make up a 12 point gap on Hazem in one game... I'll be happy just to get the win.

Iafeta

Referee
ozbash said:

same here, i love away games just for that reason.

btw, one of them - costigan- is a true blue, dinky di aussie. :roll:

ropati is a disgrace.

What's this, you've joined the FORF or whatever it's called?

NZWazza will be slapping off over this.

ozbash

Referee
you've joined the FORF or whatever it's called?

yea, its the FORF PRo chapter and we,re offering life membership and free vouchers to wicked wanda's speech impediment clinic.:shock:

Good luck doggies, hope turns out like we all hope it will.

hope your not doing the update tim :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
ozbash said:
you've joined the FORF or whatever it's called?

yea, its the FORF PRo chapter and we,re offering life membership and free vouchers to wicked wanda's speech impediment clinic.:shock:

Good luck doggies, hope turns out like we all hope it will.

hope your not doing the update tim :lol:

:lol: Nope, I'll be at Telstra.

Who's the nong above who said Martin's about to overtake Hazem?

Hazem El Masri (CB) 14T 70G 196pts; G: 70/84 at 83.33%
Tony Martin (WA) 6T 60G 144pts; G: 60/80 at 75%

;-)

I'd swear there are more Warriors fans in this forum than 'Dogs at the moment... looks like they're believing their own lies too. Looks like poor Tony's gonna need to score every one of those 50 points Sheepies :lol:

Latest posts