What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game vs Canterbury Bullbums

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Mate , these are the games no matter what we should be wining . You dont see the top teams loosing this game . I dont like what I am seeing over the last couple of games really struggling to get our wins and not to score a try today . Over to you super coach ....
Not scoring was the big downer from this game given that team we had was just about our best line up. This game showed up why we are not a premiership team yet, despite winning the arm wrestle in the first half we could not take the next step of driving the advantage home in the second half and lost the game in our heads rather than on the field. I trust Ben Hunt will add that missing ingredient.

Smack

Coach
Smack ............ I must ask you to remove your new avatar.
I'm struggling to give due attention to any comments you post.
Yours truly,
A concerned member.

PS - On the other hand, please disregard my above comments and post more often.
Yours truly,
One happy member

I will fix it now, there are probably some younger members here

Old Timer

Coach
In simple terms it was a repeat of the Parramatta game.
They jumped on us from the kick off and didn't let us get any momentum by strangling our power game and they moved the ball wide exploiting our defensive deficiencies causing us to keep chasing them.
Mc Gregor said the goal line "D" in the was great well that is actually the easiest place to defend for a team like us but there were plenty of gaping holes exploited anti was always going to tell in the end.
The issue is we had no alternate plan and we kept doing exactly the same thing until it was all too late and then some very sloppy offloads and brain snaps by the youngsters who felt compelled to at least have a go.
Our structured play yesterday was going to trouble no one in this comp and once we were pinned in our own half they could rest easy as we don't have a long range try in us.
If Vaughan is contained and Packer grappled so he doesn't get the quick play the ball our game plan is all but done and the opposition know we have nothing else to intimidate them with.
The hole that Mc Crone went through would have been a try for almost any other half in the comp but him due to his pedestrian pace.
If our forwards don't carry the day our backs cannot do it simple as that.

FlameThrower

Bench
We were flat from the get go. Wingers and centres were poor, defended and tackled took life out of us and we went in thinking we could just turn up and roll them. Attitude was a key factor and far too many silly high risk offloads kept us under the pump. Video Review session will name and shame the majority of the squad!!!

possm

Coach
Something happened middle of 2011. Great side until middle of 2011
SOO.
Gasnier announced his retirement.
Bennett announced he was leaving the Dragons for Newcastle.
Key forwards were being offered contracts by other Clubs.

Halfway through the 2011 season, the bookies were paying out at a discount for those who placed bets on the Dragons to win the GF. The players minds were not in the right space and we then went on to lose a string of games in a row.

possm

Coach
Hess said he isn't ready to play state of origin but QLD have selected him.

Point is we need more elusiveness and speed in the back line if we are to score more points
The timing is out for the Dragons. 2019 should have been the target for the promotion of our skilled juniors. We should have done all we can to keep Dugan and Packer for one more year and if we could not, recruit their replacements with the salary saved. This should have been sorted prior to juniors being signed, fringe first graders being signed and before current first graders being upgraded. Only in this wasy would we be able to maintain momentum going into 2018.

1st & 10

Juniors
SOO.
Gasnier announced his retirement.
Bennett announced he was leaving the Dragons for Newcastle.
Key forwards were being offered contracts by other Clubs.

Halfway through the 2011 season, the bookies were paying out at a discount for those who placed bets on the Dragons to win the GF. The players minds were not in the right space and we then went on to lose a string of games in a row.

Thanks possum. I just couldn't be bothered typing the 50 incidents that fisted saints in 2011. Thanks for doing that for me