What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

game vs scum

possm

Coach
Totally agree.

As a club, we have had the luxury of having star players in the backline over many years
Our current backline has no flair nor defence at present. They can't create any attack nor stop it. There in lies the problem.

Now that we had the night to stew in it, we can dust ourselves off and move on from last nights game.

The coach needs to show some nous.
We need to know that there will be an experienced first grade coach for 2018.

BennyV

Referee
Benny, thoughts on Milne to the wing?
Didn't watch the game (6pm time slot is actually the worst), but I've never thought Milne has the skill set for the wing. He's not overly quick and doesn't have the footy IQ of Mann to be able to adapt. Would have preferred to see Herbert in that spot.

In saying that, shuffling the left winger to right centre, 5/8 to left wing and rookie to 5/8 just to accomodate the right centre going down is absolutely ridiculous. It's a stupid amount of movements that becomes disruptive to the team.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Don't blame the refs, I think we got dudded on a few calls also, especially that first forward pass (bullshit)

Without your 2 best players, you guys look the goods still, I hate to say it but it's true. Masry is really a good coach after all, see ya's in the semis you cock smokers.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Mary Mary mary.you really are an idiot,aitken gets hurt so what do you do ,you send on field and then you move all the deck chairs on the titanic.what with the referee needs new glasses,and Mary's dumb decisions,our boys tried their buns off .Mary you need to go.

Old Timer

Coach
What is our staff doing?
Aitken obviously not 100% should never have been selected
Mann trains all week st 5/8 the key playmaker of our team and due to Aitken going off wholesale changes made including the new playmaker going to wing and a rookie to key playmakers position against the premiers just ridiculous stuff
Still leaking tries out wide due to inept coaching and a distinct lack of a quality game plan to win us games in the absence of a couple of players
The coach had again shown his lack of ability to adapt in adverse circumstances.
These last few games have been winnable and we again fell short when it really counts.

denis preston

First Grade
The coaching staff are showing their true colours. Players busting their gut but very defensive selections and the wholesale changes after Aitken came off were very disruptive. mann must be really scratching his head. The fact that 3 coaches can't fix these basic rushing in by the outside backs shows their lack of nous in this area. So glad that the club hasn't bended to pressure to resign Mary & staff up.. I'd give him a chance of redemtion by seeing how we end up this year but the coaches have a lot to do in my eyes.

Don't blame the refs, I think we got dudded on a few calls also, especially that first forward pass (bullshit)

Without your 2 best players, you guys look the goods still, I hate to say it but it's true. Masry is really a good coach after all, see ya's in the semis you c**k smokers.
Mary is a shit coach so that shows how f**king stupid scum fans are.

Maybe some jizz hit you in the eye and made you go blind only reason why you'd come up with such a stupid comment.

The coaching staff are showing their true colours. Players busting their gut but very defensive selections and the wholesale changes after Aitken came off were very disruptive. mann must be really scratching his head. The fact that 3 coaches can't fix these basic rushing in by the outside backs shows their lack of nous in this area. So glad that the club hasn't bended to pressure to resign Mary & staff up.. I'd give him a chance of redemtion by seeing how we end up this year but the coaches have a lot to do in my eyes.
I hope Mary Hornby and Young are shown the door but i don't see it happening.

Head can also move on the way he has been coaching Illawarra has been beyond pathetic.

Crush

Coach
I thought they played well all things considered.
Strange move by mary to shuffle the positions so much to accommodate Aitkens injury.
Jai field however held his own and had a couple of good touches.
The wins will come once Widdop is back. They are trying their guts out and competitive every week, thats all I expect this year.
Next year my expectations will be much higher with Hunt and Widdop.

I thought they played well all things considered.
Strange move by mary to shuffle the positions so much to accommodate Aitkens injury.
Jai field however held his own and had a couple of good touches.
The wins will come once Widdop is back. They are trying their guts out and competitive every week, thats all I expect this year.
Next year my expectations will be much higher with Hunt and Widdop.
I don't think Hunt will make that much difference if Mary and co are still coaching.

If they lose Packer and its looking more likely by the day i don't see them being able to find a replacement that is of the same quality.

If Dugan goes and again its a big possibility again they will have to find a decent enough replacement some one who can actually be a third ball player.

If they can find signings like Vaughan and McInnes that would be fantatsic.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Mary is a shit coach so that shows how f**king stupid scum fans are.

Maybe some jizz hit you in the eye and made you go blind only reason why you'd come up with such a stupid comment.

Pretty sure you will make the semis so looks like you dopes will sign him for a few extra years. Enjoy!

Crush

Coach
I don't think Hunt will make that much difference if Mary and co are still coaching.

If they lose Packer and its looking more likely by the day i don't see them being able to find a replacement that is of the same quality.

If Dugan goes and again its a big possibility again they will have to find a decent enough replacement some one who can actually be a third ball player.

If they can find signings like Vaughan and McInnes that would be fantatsic.
I disagree. The team seems to be full of confidence and putting in 100 percent every match. Mary is doing his job well for the most part.
The reason we are losing of late is because we are playing quality opposition without our playmaker. Mccrone is barely 1st grade level and he is partnered by rookies.
Widdop plays last night we win.
Widdop and Hunt play we are top 4.
But yes I agree that losing Packer and Dugan will need to be rectified with some quality signings.

Gareth67

First Grade
To me , the good point is that even with the injuries and the subsequent disruption to the back line , the team is continuing to play good football . This time last season , we would had dropped our loads and gone into a shell , but not now , the boys are remaining solid .

Most disappointed with a couple of the decisions last night that went against us at crucial times in the match , but the score is on the board now and once again we need to regroup and focus on the Warriors .

Was very pleased to see young Russell score his first try for the team and also the way that he celebrated it with his teammates . At that moment he was really part of the team, so much so , that I thought that if he was to remain a Dragon , that would be part of the reason , the unity with his teammates .

Should we managed a couple of wins before the return of our strike players , then the team will turn into the second half off the year in good stead .

Last edited:

TomRedVRiver

Bench
- Josh Dugan out injured
- Gareth Widdop out injured
- Aitken goes off early in the first half
- Our 5/8 moves to the wing, wing moves to centre and an untried rookie takes the field at 5/8 partnering an incompetent halfback
- Calls going against us all game
- A try awarded after a forward pass goes unnoticed directly affecting the result

All of these factors and we only lost by 4 points against the full strength premiers.
Everyone is saying that we deserved to win that game.

The back half of the draw isn't as hard as the first part.

Still alot of games that will be difficult but with Widdop back steering the ship they can win quite a few of them.

I can see them winning between 5 to 8 games on the run home.

Broncos, Bulldogs, Titans, Eels and Panthers as away games difficult but certainly winnable

- Josh Dugan out injured
- Gareth Widdop out injured
- Aitken goes off early in the first half
- Our 5/8 moves to the wing, wing moves to centre and an untried rookie takes the field at 5/8 partnering an incompetent halfback
- Calls going against us all game
- A try awarded after a forward pass goes unnoticed directly affecting the result

All of these factors and we only lost by 4 points against the full strength premiers.
Everyone is saying that we deserved to win that game.
Not full strength Premiers but nowhere near disrupted as the Dragons

Latest posts