What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gary Speed found dead!

Man wtf I go to check the time of a game and this is front page of Eurosport

Wales manager Speed found deadWales manager Gary Speed has been found dead at his home in Chester.
5244a5b4f7cf513b5e38c394a6050299.jpg

He was 42.
Initial reports claim that the former Leeds, Everton and Newcastle star was found hanged at his home.
"At 7.08am this morning, Sunday 27 November, police were informed of an incident at Aldford Road, Huntington," Cheshire police said in a statement.
"Officers went to the scene where a 42-year-old man was found dead. There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and next of kind have been informed."
Speed took over in charge of Wales in February, and the team has thrived under his stewardship.
The FA of Wales confirmed the news in a statement.
"We extend our sympathies and condolences to the family. We ask that everyone respects the family's privacy at this very sad time."
LINK

That's tragic news. The comments section is blowing up with rumours about suicide.

Condolences to his friends, family and all associated with the Welsh national team.

boxhead

First Grade
That is terrible news. :(
My condolences and sympathies go out to his family, friends and associates.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
The most capped Welsh outfield player in history, and has the second highest PL appearances too.

I haven't read it from a credible source just yet, but suicide seems to be the cause of death. Achingly tragic.

Matt23

Staff member
Horrible news, apparently some sections of the crowd at the Swansea vs Aston Villa game hadn't heard the news, made for a very surreal minutes silence.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Horrible news, apparently some sections of the crowd at the Swansea vs Aston Villa game hadn't heard the news, made for a very surreal minutes silence.

The minute of silence lasted maybe 2-3 seconds.

The crowd started applauding and singing 'There's Only One Gary Speed.'

Much more fitting imo.

The most capped Welsh outfield player in history, and has the second highest PL appearances too.

I haven't read it from a credible source just yet, but suicide seems to be the cause of death. Achingly tragic.

Unfortunately it seems to be the case

Police stated Speed was found hanged on Sunday morning after committing suicide. He leaves a wife and two children.
LINK

BunniesMan

Immortal
Shocking tragedy. Took Wales from outside the top 100 to 50th. He looked like having a very long and successful career as manager and then this happens.

I remember watching him speak after a Wales game recently because I wanted info on Aaron Ramsey, and now just weeks later he's gone.

Depression and suicide are terrible things. An invisible disease, your husband/wife/child/best mate can have it and you could have no idea until it's too late.

langpark

First Grade
Rumour has it the press were about to release a story about him... I think of the 'ryan giggs-type'...

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I know this will sound bad but I think suicide was pretty selfish..

I really do believe that depression/anxiety is a disease that people need to and get help for. Your pride is less important than your family's well being..talking to somebody isn't being soft it's proving you are human.

My condolences go to his family..

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
What a tragic way to go.
I've known someone who has committed suicide and i think it is rather gutless.
However, thoughts go out to the family, welsh and newcastle football fans and anyone who ever looked upto him.

Moffo

Referee
suicide is the ultimate cry for attention

i wouldn't personally call it gutless but understand how some people can see it that way

Latest posts