What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier off to Wigan

Anonymous

Juniors
I hope he stays too but these things happen. The money he is being offered is apparently too hard to ignore.

On the up side, it means more money under the cap.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Sure it's good money being offered but it's not like he's being paid bugger all in the NRL.

If he leaves for money he's not the kind of bloke you'd want in your team anyway.

Buzz Boy

Juniors
The only thing I look forward to if Gaz signs elsewhere, is the reception the Dragons fans give the two-faced traitor when he runs onto the field at WIN or Kogarah this season.

If he signs elsewhere... drop him to Premier League. Why should we give him match time in the top grade, when some other player who stays loyal to us can gain experience.

GREEDY GAZ !

Hope he stays. :p

Benny

First Grade
I have to disagree with that

You pay players regardless of where they are going next year you put your best team on the paddock

If say you can't make semi's then by all means give some kids ago but not till then!

Buzz Boy

Juniors
So I take it you are not only happy that we develop players and then lose them to other clubs, but that once we know a player is leaving we continue to put our clubs time and resources into continuing his development so another club can benefit.

If Gasnier signs with another club, he will have made it abundantly clear that he has no interest in being a part of the Dragons and that for the remainder of 2003 he'll be playing for the money and nothing more.

I sure as hell hope Mark shows that honour, passion and values are not dead in the current generation of players.

He's got an opportunity to mark himself as an integral part of something very special to many people including his illustrious uncle... the Dragons.

My comments here are all based solely on what is (according to Gasnier himself) speculation and rumour. He claims he and his manager have not spoken to any English clubs... interesting to see in due course whether Mark is not only a turn-coat, but also a liar.

Time to show your true colours Mark.

:)

Sticks

Juniors
Ágree with your post there Buzz. It would be hard to leave him out of the team if we fire up between here and the finals, but if he sets his priorities on Wigan then what can he expect?. The Justin Hodges situation comes straight to mind. Only a few short days and we'll know, sort of like waiting for Christmas....or a funeral :D :cry:

Benny

First Grade
If you pay a player to play first grade play him there, they are proffessionals and would be playing to go out on a high with a Premiership

Look at fletcher last year- cause he signed with souths would u have dropped him

Question- if saints were going into gf you wouldn't pick gaz cause he signed with Wigan?

Sticks

Juniors
I wouldn't drop him at this point Benny, but if things go pear shaped in the next month I'd be tempted to flick him for a young lad who could gain a bit of experience for next year.

Benny

First Grade
If say you can't make semi's then by all means give some kids ago but not till then!

Sticks mate i agree- if we can't make semi's give someone else a go! Refer above to my message in an earlier post!

Anonymous

Juniors
From www.leagueunlimited.com

St George-Illawarra Dragons centre Mark Gasnier has denied the latest reports linking him with a move to Wigan Warriors next season.

The 21-year-old star, a Kangaroo Tourist two years ago, could become available at the end of this season, and he has been consistently linked with Wigan since April.

Warriors chairman Maurice Lindsay played down the claims at the time, and has also reacted to the latest speculation, and Gasnier himself has now spoken out.

The Dragons star, who is set to return from a chipped bone in his knee this weekend, is close to finalising a deal to secure the final two years of his contract with the club.

"I'd like to put to rest all that stuff as there's no truth behind it," Gasnier said, speaking at an ARL national junior development program launch. "If there has been an offer, I'm unaware of it.

"I've become very close to a lot of the members of (the Dragons) and I assured them that nothing has been done. They've got my word.

"My heart is with St George Illawarra. I played all my juniors for St George. At the end of the day it would have to take something pretty dramatic (to leave)."

Latest posts