What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geelong Classic

Tim Brasher

Juniors
I think there are four main chances in the race tommorrow. Power of Destiny, Gallant Guru, Pentacolo and Andallthatjazz. I think Gallant Guru will be too good for this lot in a race that creates a bit of interest for the Derby

Nuffs

Bench
this is actually one of my most hated races

always bad form from at least half the field and the horses that win normally go on to the derby and are just making up numbers

having said that, shotgun saxon and power of destiny are my picks

Macca_

Coach
Tim I rate Presenting (dead heated for first) over Andallthatjazz...

Power of Destiny struggles to win, but this is a huge class drop. He'll be right there.

Gallant Guru is the one to watch from a derby point of view.

Shotgun Saxon may be the improver.

Surprised if the winner is not in those 4... Gallant Guru would need to win well to be a chance in the derby for mine. This race lacks a lot of depth and he should win. If he doesn't I'd be less confident about Astronomias Oaks chances through the Holly Go Lightly form.

My thoughts anyway :D

Macca_

Coach
Tim Brasher said:
Yeah i think the Adelaide form will hold up pretty strong in the race
Will show the strength of Astronomias win on the weekend I think... As I mentioned, Holly Go Lightly who was beaten 3len by Astro, was just beaten by Gallant Guru last start in Adelaide. Interesting to see GG.

Nuffs

Bench
astronomia is looking quite good now!
wish the flemington track was a leaders-bias track and it'd be money in the bank with astronomia now

Gallant Guru by a couple of lengths to mccloud and then shotgun saxon

2 - Gallant Guru 4.30 1.80
6 - McCloud 2.40
4 - Shotgun Saxon 2.30

Macca_

Coach
Yep, GG had to come and do that to be a derby chance. They only bought him in to 13's from 17's for the Derby though. It's not a great form race for the derby anymore.

Astro a big chance for sure mate. Couple of others there, but you're on one of the guns.

Nuffs

Bench
i hate it when people hype this races form. i said it before today and then the commentator said that the last horse to win the classic-derby double was in 1974!!!

i'm up a little bit from the last couple of races so i'll put some more on astronomia. it'll save me spending so much money on the day

Latest posts