What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geelong Cup

Macca_

Coach
I don't mind a couple at nice each way odds in this...

Sarrera ($11) if wet.
Envoy ($17), Brave Lancer ($11) if dry.

Looking at the weather charts it may well be a wet track and I think Sarrera will come in then... Might have some on today.

Nuffs

Bench
i backed brave lancer last start and i'm confident enough to have another go

it's form says never raced over 2400m but i'm pretty sure it's something like 3 out of 3 in races of 2200m +

sarrera also looks quite good. men at work has the railings form and a good barrier

and who knows (or even cares) about mr celebrity? good barrier. class horse in the field. but 2400m?

i'm going brave lancer from men at work, with sarrera and mr celebrity the 2 other horses to watch out for

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The good old Geelong Cup

Used to be my once a year race day when I lived there, also used to be a good indicator for the Melbourne Cup form.

Macca_

Coach
Hopefully rain arrives in time for Sarrera. Big show on a wet track, but still has the Leica Falcon form. Had some on today into LF for the MC and MD for the CP.

nuffs I left the Sydney form out because none of the place getters in the past 5 years have came down from Sydney for the first run in the GC. Maybe cause not many have tried, I dunno, but that's why I left them out :lol:

As you say re Mr Celeb the distance could be a query. Also in the last 5 years all the winners and placegetters started at 2000m or more in their previous start.

Another thing is barriers. Last 5 winners have come from around the middle wo widder barriers, so it's not a problem being drawn out.

Nuffs

Bench
i just looked at the form :lol:

maybe i should start looking through the history books

Macca_

Coach
I had some time at work yesterday and printed some of it out from expertform.com

Didn't go enough into it and as I say it may just be because not many have gone there to race :lol:. Anyway, I have backed Serrara so I don't need the form now :lol:

Tim Brasher

Juniors
I think Sarrera will win the race... Has been running very well of late and Moroney has set the horse for the MC...Ill be standing her out in a flexi Trifecta from Mr Celebrity, Swift TAngo, Don Raphael, Men at Work, On a Jeune , Brave Lancer and Bugatti Royale.mI have a few $ on her each way as well

Macca_

Coach
I'd like a little rain to take the sting out though Tim. It is 0/4 on good tracks... I've backed it at 11's in some doubles, but wish that rain would hurry up. It's coming...

Nuffs

Bench
and apparently the rain is staying away. last i heard they were predicting rain for around 3 or 4pm

men at work is really grabbing me more so now. i'm going e/w on him and brave lancer

Macca_

Coach
Damn looks like they are hoping for a run on Saturday in the MV Cup with Sarrera. Might have a bit each way on Envoy and hope the rain doesn't arrive.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
I got my hard earned on Men at Work. I can't see it losing. It was 3 wide the trip in the Metrop and still ran a terrific race. As we all know what the winner has done since and the difference between the CC and the Geelong Cup is a big difference.

Foz

Bench
steaming stormer said:
I like On a Jeune. And if Rizon finds anywhere near the form of a couple of springs ago, that will be bloody hard to beat

Hell of a tip.
Mr Celebrity?????
A bit stiff.

Nuffs

Bench
i listened to it on the radio and i missed the start. seems mr celebrity did too?!

well i had brave lancer and men at work both e/w so i've got my money back. could have had my spending money for saturday if brave lancer got up

Nuffs

Bench
steaming stormer said:
I like On a Jeune. And if Rizon finds anywhere near the form of a couple of springs ago, that will be bloody hard to beat

and yeah, great tip! hope you had some money on it.

Nuffs

Bench
it's funny that on the aap racing website forum, alot of them picked on a jeune to win. i didn't even take notice of it. apparently it was stopped in it's tracks last start and should have gone close to winning