What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geelong

AuckMel

Bench
Pies were poor in front of goal again tonight. Should have won by a heap, but only scraped in.

My 8 not in any order:

Pies
Cats
Hawks
Blues
Eagles
Swans
Freo
Demons

Evenflow

Bench
Credit where it's due the Cats are going great guns. If only premierships were won in June ;-)

From all reports Jolly had a successful return in the seconds today, i think it's fair to say the Pies will be an even harder proposition to beat with him fit and firing.

roboshark

Coach
the blues were ordinarytoday and I doubt the eagles could play any better than what they did today..their marking was fantastic

CyberKev

Staff member
My predicted top 8, in order...

1 - Collingwood
2 - Geelong
3 - West Coast
4 - Hawthorn
5 - Carlton
6 - Sydney
7 - Melbourne
8 - St Kilda

AuckMel

Bench
Good win for the Eagles. All going to plan Collingwood should be on top off the ladder sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Evenflow

Bench
Good win for the Eagles. All going to plan Collingwood should be on top off the ladder sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Was only a matter of time. Looks like the Cats have well and truly got the shakes losing 2 on the trot but given their easy run (on paper) you'd expect them to bounce back. They play Brisbane (a) Richmond (h) Melbourne (h) Gold Coast (h) Adelaide (a) Bye, Sydney (h) Collingwood. That's only 1 team in the current top 8 and 4 of the 5 bottom sides.

They're "lucky" to be playing the Pies in the final round because IMO having such a soft run in the lead up to the finals is hardly the ideal preparation.

roboshark

Coach
On the other side of things...how good are the eagles going!!

Who would of thought they would be top 4 material...and deserve to be really

Bottom 4 tips at start of year

Wow!!!

Jason Maher

Immortal
We're flying high! Seriously did not think we could beat Geelong. Bloody pumped that we managed it, despite a nerve-shredding second half. How the Eagles have managed such a turn around in such a short time is beyond me.

roboshark

Coach
Well they have beaten two top 4 sides....something my team Carlton hasn't done

They are def smokies

Evenflow

Bench
Long time no see in this thread Twizzle, no surprises why you've been quiet for so long and just happened to show up today though :lol: I wouldn't be getting too excited though, you flogged the "powerhouse" that is Melbourne down at the cattery which is hardly the greatest feat in football.

You've got a very easy run going into the finals so you can look forward to getting excited over some more soft wins against the rabble of the league ;-)

magic_johnson!

Juniors
Down talking a 186 point win? The cats are back in town!
While we have an easy run home, our journey here was far from easy and only dropping two games was terrific from the team.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Long time no see in this thread Twizzle, no surprises why you've been quiet for so long and just happened to show up today though :lol: I wouldn't be getting too excited though, you flogged the "powerhouse" that is Melbourne down at the cattery which is hardly the greatest feat in football.

You've got a very easy run going into the finals so you can look forward to getting excited over some more soft wins against the rabble of the league ;-)

lol

its obvious Scott is not after the minor premiership as he's rotating about 6 or 7 key players every week, we were no where near full strength yesterday as well, the Pods would have kicked a dozen yesterday

the reason we got an easy run home is because we already played and beat the top 8 teams from last season and we beat them all away from home, including Collingwood

and Melbourne have been on the fringe of the 8 most of the year

not too shabby