What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

maple_69

Bench
I was at the game so will have to rewatch to get a better sense for individuals but don’t remember Roberts being involved in anything. Other than him everyone seemed solid enough. Peach showed even in his one run what he could do in a tight game like that.

I think Cleary needs to adapt to the speed a bit. As long as he keeps holding his own in defence and offering an option so QLD can’t target Maloney, I’d be happy with his series. It’d be a luxury none of our promising halves have been afforded in the last 12 years. He can step into a dominant role next year.

Kilkenny

Coach
NSW deserved there win and the scoreline probably flattered Queensland in the end.

I wouldn't right Queensland off but they are a vastly inferior side with the spine they enjoyed for so many years.

They are there for the taking, I expect NSW to improve on last night in the remaining two games and it is hard to see where Queensland can find the same level of improvement to win the last two games.

The best thing about last night was our four boys coming away without any injury issues.

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven't read to much about last night's game but I thought two of the biggest moments in the game involved Maloney & Cleary in defence. Maloney's try saving tackle on Chambers close to the line was one of the best you'll ever see and Cleary's tackle on Greg Inglis was just a classic around the leg's tackle. Both big moments in the game at a time when the game was in the balance.

tripster

Juniors
I think we are witnessing tonight what things are going to be like for us during the Origin period.

It is going to be a very difficult part of the year for us.

Maloney got a 9/10 for his performance.

He was strong. But f**k me throwing an intercept pass for a try that turns momentum for 15+ minutes. Throwing a forward pass that then swings momentun for a try.... those 2 errors alone are too much for a 9/10 game.

To be fair, had that pass not been intercepted by Holmes, we were in for a certain try.

Thankfully it ultimately didn't cost us the game

murraymob

First Grade
to be fair to the refs in the Canberra game both sides laid all over each other extended periods. Many times I thought a penalty was coming.At some point we need to look at the coaches tactics rather than the refs

mxlegend99

Referee
If I were doing ratings for the Origin game I'd give Maloney 7.
Some places gave him a 7 and thats fair. Outside of Teddy there wasn't anyone worth a 9.

Best part is that young team should all improve. Except Teddy. That game would be hard to improve on.

sparky34

Juniors
Read somewhere that Griffen is happy to see Penrith personal in SOO team as they come back better players, the Peaches 90 second cameo sure payed dividends with 2 tries on return imagine how many he would have scored against the Faiders if he had played a whole half in SOO, LUV the Peach will miss him next year

franklin2323

Immortal
No club team can throw at us what QLD can. So to break down that defence.

T. Turbo's try would work kicking to Blake. Teddy is a running fullback like DWZ so a lot of things will transfer over as well as confidence

mxlegend99

Referee
Read somewhere that Griffen is happy to see Penrith personal in SOO team as they come back better players, the Peaches 90 second cameo sure payed dividends with 2 tries on return imagine how many he would have scored against the Faiders if he had played a whole half in SOO, LUV the Peach will miss him next year
8 tries after he returns from Origin 2.

Cleary also kicked his first ever field goal after Origin 1

RCG was a lot more involved despite surely being exhausted

Maloney was pretty much same as before hand. Just tired. Although unlike the other 3 it wasnt a new experience for him.

Well. I guess having a decent halfback in Origin was. But playing and bqcking up wasnt new.

tripster

Juniors
Dragons are now back at 1st on the ladder, by +1 on for and against over us.

We now comfortably have the best defence in the league based on points conceded, which is never something I have associated with the Panthers in the past.

Latest posts