What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I do my bit by not buying the rag or clicking on any link of theirs. I know it isn't much at all but I feel better for it. :D

Absolutely! Papers are left around the place at work and I usually encourage most to avoid the rag as well.

Monk

Referee
Canberra raided as younger Cornish leaves for Roosters

THE Canberra Raiders may have locked up Toyota Cup halfback Mitch Cornish for the long term, but his younger brother Tyler looks set to fly the coop after being offered a deal by the Sydney Roosters.

Despite being named in Canberra's under-20s squad for next year, the 17-year-old Tyler will travel to Sydney to meet officials from the Bondi Junction club today.

Mitch is rated one of the finest halves prospects in the country, and is contracted with the Raiders until the end of 2014.

Goulburn Bulldogs player Tyler was named the under-18 division one best and fairest this season, and Mitch believes a change of scenery could kick-start his career.

''We talked about his different options, but at the end of the day this is probably an opportunity he can't throw away,'' Mitch said yesterday.

''If he stayed in Canberra they wouldn't be able to offer him half of what the Roosters have, and he probably wouldn't get as many games next year.

''The deal they've thrown at him is more than I've got when I first signed, for a 20s player it's a good contract.''

While Mitch is a typical organising halfback, Tyler is a running five-eighth who could end up at centre or fullback in the future.

The Raiders are brimming with young halves, and Braith Anasta's move to Wests Tigers next year means the Roosters are looking to bolster their playmaking depth.

''I think that's what he mainly looked at with all the young halves Canberra has got, he just thought it's probably the way to go,'' Mitch said.

''I've always said if someone was going to play first grade out of myself and him, it'll be him.

''He's not a freak talent-wise like an Anthony Milford, but in the long run his work ethic will get him to first grade, I have no doubt about that.''

Over paying for another bush nuffy on the basis of potential and like many before him because the brother is good.

TT, you're entitled to your opinion but you're being a bit harsh & pessimistic. The young fella hasn't even played a trial game for us & you're talking him down. Let's give him an opportunity & see what he's about first.
BTW, i've always rated Kurt Gidely a better player than his older brother;-).

sretsoor

Juniors
So what does everyone think of the loyalty program with the new memberships?

I personally like it however I am disgruntled with the postage. I thought I would add the members shirt with my renewal and they attempted to charge me twice ($12 each). Not only is postage twice as much as what it should be they charge for each item in your cart. Ive been stung by this before when I ordered merchandise - 2 products and at the time I didnt notice and charged me twice for postage.

Memberships have been released? I got a letter saying I'm in the Brad Fittler club and that's it. They don't even send out membership renewals letters anymore?

TT, you're entitled to your opinion but you're being a bit harsh & pessimistic. The young fella hasn't even played a trial game for us & you're talking him down. Let's give him an opportunity & see what he's about first.
BTW, i've always rated Kurt Gidely a better player than his older brother;-).

lol I just remember the what's their Folau, Hopoate, someone thought Dane Cordner was superior and ofcourse the infamous Craig Kimmorley!

LJC

Juniors
Still cringe when I hear our great club referred to as the "Sydney Roosters".

Should be the East Sydney Roosters!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Anyone picked up the new Chooks trucker hat. Ordered one 3 weeks before Xmas and it finally arrived Monday. I honestly think its one of the best pieces of merch the club has released recently. The red eastern suburbs logo on it has the old school style all white rooster. Would love the club to use the logo as our official club logo.

Monk

Referee
Not a huge deal but this is something awesome which I saw today. I'm a fan of this gaming company called Roosterteeth. While watching their live-stream podcast today I saw that the founder of this company was wearing one of the Chooks hats. I kind of nerdgasm'ed everywhere.

I don't really know if this is a marketing thing by the Roosters or if he became a fan of the NRL on his recent trip down to Australia but it's awesome considering this will be seen by at least 250,000 people when they choose to watch it when it's uploaded to Youtube next week.

burniehat_zps7c13b9a0.jpg

Ozzy

First Grade
Did anyone watch the NRL Classic match last night? It was the Grand Final qualifier from 2000. It was the Roosters v Newcastle match complete with the Johns mouth guard throw. :D What a come back.

Ozzy

First Grade
Did anyone see the pre-game interview with Ron Coote? He came out and talked how Souths received Roosters territory because of lack of people in Souths territory. Just another piece of evidence of something that some supporters are trying to deny.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Thankfully in the age of professionalism the juniors criteria is no longer relevant.

Who remembers the old Big League programs from the 70's that had the asterisk "denotes imported player" alongside the name of a player that wasn't a local junior? Times have indeed changed.

Thankfully in the age of professionalism the juniors criteria is no longer relevant.

Who remembers the old Big League programs from the 70's that had the asterisk "denotes imported player" alongside the name of a player that wasn't a local junior? Times have indeed changed.

Yep, remember that well. Also remember little old ladies with crochet blankets on their laps ticking off scrums and penalties in the program.

Latest posts