Germany legalises same sex marriage

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by 2_Smoking_Guns, Jul 1, 2017.

1. B-dos

B-dos Referee

well because they needed to oppose the pleb for political reasons of course

turnbull is clearly a pretty shit politican

not sure why you are so angry at both sides getting some funding to state their case? id be happy if neither side got money but seems to me if we are having a pleb it suggests there are two worthy sides to the coin.. i know that in lefty la la land these sort of things arent even up for debate. becase.,. social justice

2. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

The right is afraid they will get smashed in funds. That's why they are so insistent on no private funds and both sides get public funds.

It's interesting though that turnbull needs but one of labor, greens or nxt and apparently it's labor who won't negotiate ?

3. B-dos

B-dos Referee

seems pretty fair that both sides of a pleb get funding if the government is providing funding

well we all know labor arent interested because its all about the politics of it pete

4. 2 weeks

2 weeks Juniors

Let the gays be just as miserable as the rest of us that are married are, I reckon.

thorson1987 likes this.
  5. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Can you find anyone arguing that only the yes side should get funds. When labor floated the idea of no public funds they meant for both sides.

The no campaign doesn't want this because they know they won't raise as much money as the yes campaign..

The simple fact is the liberals don't need labor. They need 1 (only 1) of labor, greens or nxt

6. B-dos

B-dos Referee

oh its just that you have been going on about funding for the crazy right as though its a bad thing. im glad you actually meant funding for both sides...

makes sense

lol

i agree that we shouldnt place any hope on labor acting responsibly pete but the same goes for the greens and that sadly leaves NXT who seem pretty happy to block a policy that the government clearly took to an election and won with

7. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

How can you claim they have a mandate when they got such an unfavourable Senate for the plebiscite in a full Senate election ?

It's weird the liberals can't get a single party to negotiate with them on this issue. Considering they have passed bills it suggests they have got nxt or the greens voting with them at least occasionally.

8. B-dos

B-dos Referee

they took the policy to an election and won

you can make up all the reasons you like to justify blocking the policy, which we know you support becuase it benefits labor, but that is the fact

its a shame the alternative government is so irreponsible that the libs need to rely on fringe nutters

9. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

b-dos believes that a conscience vote in parliament is equivalent to a trial in a court of law so how would you expect someone that stupid to understand a full senate vote?

10. B-dos

B-dos Referee

lol.. no boners. i just mean what ive said

cheers

11. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Doesn't the Senate also have a mandate ?

12. B-dos

B-dos Referee

lol. generally the party that wins government has the mandate pete

13. Mong

Mong Immortal

Who would have though that a financially conservative lib billboard would seriously advocate wasting many millions of dollars to avoid annoying some folk in the party.

Its amazing how some billboards wear them so tightly it blocks blood supply to the brain.

Lolz

14. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

So you believe the senate should be a rubberstamp for the government ?

Like help me out here but can't the senate claim their own mandate from the voters ?

I certainly don't believe in the senate just blocking for the sake of it but one must ask how much the liberals are willing to negotiate here. Considering its three different groups blocking and they only need to win one.

15. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Coach

Yet again you seem confused Dossy, I'm referring to the bill Smith is fashioning to put to a parliamentary vote, not the dead in the water bill that is the plebiscite.

Yeah, tell me something I don't know.

Oh dear, you are rewriting history here Dossy, Labor gave it a conscience vote in their last term, it was Abbott who insisted that Liberal members vote against the bill. All of them, and they all toed the line.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  16. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

Lol.
    I am obviously for gay marriage but I'd like to do away with marriage all together.
    That won't be happening however.

17. Danish

Danish Referee

On what grounds do you think marriage should be done away with?

18. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

I don't believe it's necessary, neither does the ATO.

19. Danish

Danish Referee

I certainly take my cues on social issues from the ATO

What is unnecessary about it to you? Not to you personally, as obviously no one is forcing you to be married, but what is unnecessary about it to the point you think no one should be allowed to do it?

20. sportive cupid

sportive cupid Referee

Not so much not allowed as not desirable I would say.
    What I dont get is the rush to accept greater State control of private affairs.
    Marriage under the Marriage Act is just that.
    As those who partner in defacto relationships -hetro or gay- receive pretty the same social and legal status in Australia ,the only possible change I see is more State intrusion in how people run their lives.
    I totally get the fight to have a relationship legally protected ...but I just dont get this from liberals who mostly fight for less govt intrusion.