What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gerrard is Rodgers' landlord.

saint.nick

Coach
So it turns out that Gerrard his renting his £3 million marital home to Rodgers and his girlfriend.

Is it just me, or is this actually really inappropriate? How the hell are you supposed to preserve complete authority over your player when he's your f***ing landlord!?

It makes Henderson's omission from the starting team vs Hull, and Gerrard's inclusion- considering that he's 34 years old and played 3 times in one week- a little bit suspicious...

Mong

Post Whore
They are pretty far removed situations though. I'm not following what you're getting at given such arrangements would be governed by specific legislation.

Haffa

I doubt Stevie collects the rent personally.

His Property management group would deal with whoever pays Rodgers bills for him (probably his managers assistant or accountant). They'd have a lease etc.

saint.nick

Coach
I'm not trying to delve into the legality of it. I'm questioning how much authority Gerrard subconsciously feels that Rodgers has over him, and vice versa. I could never imagine Rooney renting to Fergie, or Ramsey to Wenger, or Terry to Mourinho.

Wouldn't you feel weird if you were your boss's landlord?

Haffa

If Rodgers is weak enough to be influenced by that he shouldn't be in management.

saint.nick

Coach
I just think it's a legitimate question as to how Rodgers can retain complete professional authority over his landlord. I know they're professionals, but it's a really bizarre situation.

Mong

Post Whore
You may be reading too much into it St Nick.. I can't imagine issues arising from it.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
He'll be a happy boy this morning then as we assed a win in the Carling.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Nobody suggests that anything wrong is actually happening. But real professionals go out of their way to ensure there isn't even an appearance of impropriety.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Non issue. Terms of the lease will be purely commercial, with no discretion to be exercised by the lessor based on the lessee's team selections. Beyond that Gerrard probably has a property manager that deals with Rogers.

Latest posts