What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF winners 'family free' photo ....

myrrh ken

First Grade
I can't agree more, and in fact I think we should go one step further and ban NRL players from having families at all. That way, pesky things like the people players care about don't get in the way of a 100% focus on team bonding and mateship. Any NRL player found to be involved in any way with anyone outside of the NRL fraternity should be banned for life. Only then can we ensure that every player is absolutely and completely focused on our great game and on being there for their team and their team mates.

Given Simona and cartwrights recent troubles, I think for absolute risk management, impose mandatory Jason Stevens style vows of celibacy.

nick87

Coach
This issue has gone on long enough without being spoken about. I'm so pleased we have posters with the courage to tackle these issues

These players have reach the pinnacle of their professional careers and to want to share that moment with the people who have supported them and sacrificed for them to do this is frankly disgusting

The shame is theirs

Hawkins

Juniors
we've got to stop it and I mean personally.

Lets gather a mob in September and charge the field, we'll need some thugs. Somebody got the Canterbury Leagues club number?

Did you see Maloneys missus carrying on in a facebook rant because people were making fun/judging her as a parent over that incident?

I hadn't heard of this, but she probably reacted that way cos she knows the critics were correct. That was awful parenting.

Danish

Referee
While it's pretty obviously a non-issue I actually do think there should be a ban on kids/family/non-squad players on the podium. If there were a choice I'd be in the "no family" column if I were in the team.

Really the only thing the NRL and clubs should make sure of is that an official team photo sans hangers on gets taken at some on the night for use in merchandise sales etc. no one wants to hang a photo of random people's kids on their wall.

unforgiven

Bench
While it's pretty obviously a non-issue I actually do think there should be a ban on kids/family/non-squad players on the podium. If there were a choice I'd be in the "no family" column if I were in the team.

Really the only thing the NRL and clubs should make sure of is that an official team photo sans hangers on gets taken at some on the night for use in merchandise sales etc. no one wants to hang a photo of random people's kids on their wall.

Speak for yourself, I collect picture frames. I put them on the wall around my place using the stock photos that came with them to make my life seem a little less sad.

ACTPanthers

Bench
If the Panthers won the GF, I couldn't care less if the players had all their kids, nephews, nieces, step-kids and pets in the photo. As long as that trophy is held up, I'd be as happy as a pig in shit.

Jimmy779

Juniors
I don't see the big problem, children of players have as much right to be in the photo as they are a part of the player's life, I agree with the 1 team photo with coach only but I don't see the problem with having children celebrating as much as the players themselves in the photo

beave

Coach
I think players partners should be allowed as well.

Which raises the question, I wonder if Mitchell Pearce would have his on a leash in the group photo if he won another grand final??

69a86089bf7347bab6a06ff0e9fb441a

Latest posts