What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghostbusters 3

Game_Breaker

Coach
All the hate the movie is getting, looks like it might be a positive thing for it
People might be curious to see how bad the movie could be

elyod138

Bench
Early reviews are absolutely slamming it, IMDB sitting at 3.8
It's actually getting OK reviews, more positive than negative. IMDB is the worst gauge, especially for a movie which is virally hated before it's even out like this one, anyone can vote.

It's sitting at 77% on Rotten Tomatoes.

"Critics Consensus:Ghostbustersdoes an impressive job of standing on its own as a freewheeling, marvelously cast supernatural comedy -- even if it can't help but pale somewhat in comparison with the classic original."

T.S Quint

Coach
Based on the past work of the cast and crew I imagine I'm not going to like it.

Feig's work is highly overrated in my mind, especially Bridesmaids.
McCarthy I've never found funny. Wiig has had her moments, but I'm not the biggest fan. The other two I've never heard of so can't have much of an opinion - although from the trailer the black woman already annoys me.

Feig and his style of comedy has its admirers so I'm not really surprised it's getting ok reviews. But I'm not sold on the filmmakers or the trailers at all.

elyod138

Bench
I'm a fan of Wiig and McKinnon, two of the funniest actors working today. Feig gets a free pass from me forever for creating Freaks and Geeks. The writing for Leslie Jones' character does seem broad and stereotypical based on the trailers.

azzah72

Bench
I saw a preview today, I was one of the "I hate this, why remake it" types but I'll be honest, it pretty good in a dumb, popcorn movie kind of way. McKinnon & Hemsworth are quite good in smaller roles.

I could see anyone who hasn't seen the originals really liking it, I can see anyone who have seen the originals but have an open mind think its a solid 6/10.

Then there's the haters...

I'm a fan of Wiig and McKinnon, two of the funniest actors working today. Feig gets a free pass from me forever for creating Freaks and Geeks. The writing for Leslie Jones' character does seem broad and stereotypical based on the trailers.

Leslie is the every(wo)man grounding the team.

My kids are massive GB fans and they love this (albeit the youngest didn't see it...a touch too scary). They've play acted GB for years constructing their own proton packs etc. They're now rifting off the fresh version and thinking it's cool.

perverse

Referee
It was never going to be as bad as that first trailer suggested it might be, there's a lot of safe comedic hands involved in the film. I'm not big on McCarthy, but I like Wiig and McKinnon. Feig's work I'm mixed on, but as another poster said he still gets a bit of an automatic pass for Freaks and Geeks. Looking forward to giving it a watch.

They really needed to nail that first trailer, because the neckbeards and the edgelords of the hard right, like alien, were always going to jump to action asap with the all-female cast.

Latest posts