give it up uncle tone part III

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by butchmcdick, Sep 20, 2017.

1. butchmcdick

butchmcdick Guest

2. butchmcdick

butchmcdick Guest

A) 25 year guarantee
    b) No idea
    C) I have not calculated the amount of sunlight I have each day nor the dust
    d) no

3. millersnose

millersnose Post Whore

it dont sound like you did much maths at all

as for your 'guarantee'

https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/your-solar-panel-warranty-what-you-need-to-know/

We explain to the customer that they in fact get 4 separate warranties with a PV system. It is usually broken up into the following;

1. Panel performance warranty – 25 years (Industry standard)
    2. Panel product warranty – typically 5 or 10 years.
    3. Inverter warranty – usually 5 years (sometimes offered with a 10+ year optional upgrade depending on manufacturer)
    4. Installation warranty – usually 1 or 2 years and can be up to 10 years in some cases (Provided by the installer)

1) Solar Panel Performance Warranty
    The performance warranty is to warrant the degradation of the cells over 25 years. The manufacturer may state that the performance will only reduce by say 10% after the first 10 years and then another 10% over the next 15 years. You will find that this warranty is fairly standard across most manufacturers.

Performance Warranty Warning: Many solar industry insiders consider the performance warranty practically worthless, little more than a marketing exercise. This is because it is very easy for the manufacturer to wriggle out of it. But fear not – there is a solar panel warranty that you can rely on. The product warranty.

2) Solar PanelProduct Warranty
    The product warranty is to cover defective materials or workmanship in the manufacture of the Panel. It is provided by the manufacturer of the Panel, not the solar installation company.

It is very important that your panels’ product warranty is at least 10 years. If you were to make a claim for faulty performance or worse, no output at all, you can be assured you will be covered under the product warranty.

As touched upon earlier, it is critical to realize that most companies that spruik a “25 year warranty”, are talking about the performance warranty. This means that any faults due to poor workmanship or materials can be argued by the panel manufacturer to be only covered under the product warranty, which in some cases may only be 5 years.

4. butchmcdick

butchmcdick Guest

Well I'm happy with my decision

Can you share a link with me to the report you got the graph from now