What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad We Lost

Dragon66

Juniors
McGregor has showed once again that he has no idea how to coach ann NRL side. To continue to put out the same side (specifically mcCrone) week after week and expect a different result shows that he is delusional.
The addition of Dufty was well over due and justified, picking Marketo just shows he is a dinosaur.
The fixation with the "Powergame" went on beyond its use by date, and his oppression with experience over youth showed how out of touch he is with the modern game.
The bottom line is that McGregor is not capable of coaching a team (and this Dragons side is full of quality players) to compete at the elite level. I did not renew my membership this year and I will not renew it until we have a coach that will once again give us reason to once again follow this great football team.
Nathan Brown's effort with Newcastle is a case in point. They have not won much but every week they give their best.
If we fluke the 8 this year we will only be making up the numbers. I'm over it until the 2018 season kicks off. SO DISAPPOINTED!!

God-King Dean

Immortal
'We just don't have the team yet.....'
This will be the excuse til Hunt gets here.

And I think we will marginally improve with his arrival (more specifically, with McCrone gone) and we will just make the 8.

The club & McGregor will be stoked with this.
'We made the 8 in 2015....'

2019 will be exactly the same.
'We are on the cusp of being a premiership team....'

McGregor will re-sign for another 2 seasons.

Then when finally, FINALLY, they realise that he is a shit coach, & the fans are up in arms, they'll sign another coach.
And their jobs will be safe for another few years.

Sorry guys, but we all know this is exactly what will happen.

This club is going to be shit for at least another 2 decades. And there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

peeeko

Juniors
i agree, i hope we lose every game from here on in. Shite really needs to hit the fan for anyting to be changed. We have been mediocre since 2011 but not bad enough to get a clean out. Coming 9th every year keeps the status quo
i dont know what is more embarrassing- losing to 2 of the bottom teams in a row or trying to claim that 12,300 went to the game

hazzbeen

Bench
'We just don't have the team yet.....'
This will be the excuse til Hunt gets here.

And I think we will marginally improve with his arrival (more specifically, with McCrone gone) and we will just make the 8.

The club & McGregor will be stoked with this.
'We made the 8 in 2015....'

2019 will be exactly the same.
'We are on the cusp of being a premiership team....'

McGregor will re-sign for another 2 seasons.

Then when finally, FINALLY, they realise that he is a shit coach, & the fans are up in arms, they'll sign another coach.
And their jobs will be safe for another few years.

Sorry guys, but we all know this is exactly what will happen.

This club is going to be shit for at least another 2 decades. And there's not a damn thing we can do about it.
Can we still exist with another dismal 2 years under Mary , then start another 5 years of rebuilding , like I have said before our Brand can only take us so far , without being competitive and showing improvement . At the moment we are in neutral and ready to reverse down hill fast ....

peeeko

Juniors
Can we still exist with another dismal 2 years under Mary , then start another 5 years of rebuilding , like I have said before our Brand can only take us so far , without being competitive and showing improvement . At the moment we are in neutral and ready to reverse down hill fast ....
agree about the brand. I am also worried the brand is fading. Channel 9 has no interest in showing our games, they shows how we have lost pulling power

i agree, i hope we lose every game from here on in. Shite really needs to hit the fan for anyting to be changed. We have been mediocre since 2011 but not bad enough to get a clean out. Coming 9th every year keeps the status quo
i dont know what is more embarrassing- losing to 2 of the bottom teams in a row or trying to claim that 12,300 went to the game

The crowd wasn't that bad, spread out a lot, so maybe 12000 was accurate.

However, it does say a lot about our club that they would accept the NRL or Chanel 9 playing this "traditional" clash at the iconic SCG at 6pm on a Friday night.
If that game had been 3pm Saturday or Sunday they would have got 25000.

Coffs dragon

Bench
What Brand?? The idiots diluted the brand 50% when they merged with the Steelers. The morons then decided to further dilute our home ground advantage Brand by playing at 4 different grounds. And then to top it all off they under utilise the most famous & iconic Jersey in RL by playing half the games in that Red Velvet cupcake jersey. So, as for Brand it more or less resembles Sorbent Toilet paper the way these f**kwits have wiped their arses and flushed our club down the drain. I am so over seeing our club go down the shitter whilst others thrive in strength.

peeeko

Juniors
The crowd wasn't that bad, spread out a lot, so maybe 12000 was accurate.

However, it does say a lot about our club that they would accept the NRL or Chanel 9 playing this "traditional" clash at the iconic SCG at 6pm on a Friday night.
If that game had been 3pm Saturday or Sunday they would have got 25000.
Channel 9 seems more interested in showing Tigers matches which shows how tarnished our brand is

possm

Coach
It goes far deeper than the coach. We have a club culture that accepts mediocrity and that should not be acceptable to a committed St George administration. If we had one.
A good coach will introduce a good culture and will insist on nothing but a full effort in the same way Bennett and Bellamy do.

Mary can be the scape got but who is going to effect a Board cleanout; no one except for a new owner and that isn't happening any time soon because there are too many pigs with noses in the trough.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Even if we do get rid of McExcuse - who the f#ck would want to coach us?

Let's not forget any coach coming in will only be responsible for coaching the team and have no say in recruitment. Could you imagine a Bennett or Bellamy, giving up the recruitment as well?

We will continue to be mediocre and inconsistent for many many years to come....

thebigredv

First Grade
Let's face our reality. The only fruitful thing that ever happened to this club in the last half century was ten years ago a guy in Queensland with a heap of credibility, talent and pull woke up and said "I want a new challenge". He fell into Doust's lap, making Peter look like a half decent CEO and buying him another decade in his position. Bennett went about his business and before long gave us that long awaited premiership. If Wayne had woken up on the other side of bed that may not have even transpired and can you imagine the state we'd be in! The rabble we've been subjected to since has been well documented here on this forum time and time again. It's so sad that it makes me wonder whether following this club is like worshiping a false idol.

The answer has to be a complete clean out at the top and some new direction.

merahputih

Juniors
It hurt to watch the Broncos v Titans match. A coach with a game plan tailored to the opposition. Knowing the Titans usually start strong he stacked his side with defensive players for the opening period when the Titans hammered the Broncos line (Thaiday at hooker), and kept them scoreless. Intelligent use of the bench. Hunt coming on a masterstroke when the Titans tired. Strike weapons all over the paddock (Nikorima, etc). Speed in the backline. A direct contrast to what we do- same players every week, slow backs, a champion winger past his prime, players warming the bench for the whole game. Make you cry!

Latest posts