What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glory Glory - The Manchester United Thread II

saint.nick

Coach
Fergie and United, around his retirement, would have had a plan for the club, and I doubt that Moyes and Mourinho could both have fit into that same plan.

Jimbo

Immortal
Mourinho was never an option because Mourinho wasn't available nick

It's that simple

Jack_Napier

Staff member
it was a no brainer for Mourinho surely. Man Utd required rebuilding and Chelsea just needed tinkering with.

Mourinho would've been stupid to take up the United job when the chelsea job was such an obvious fit for him.

saint.nick

Coach
Please. Mourinho was going to inherit a championship-winning team. They didn't need much more tinkering than Chelsea.

Jimbo

Immortal
Regardless, Mourinho is back at his spiritual home now, and doing what he does best

Winning

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Please. Mourinho was going to inherit a championship-winning team. They didn't need much more tinkering than Chelsea.

Sorry if my opinion differs with your need to constantly argue with Jimbo, but IMO that Utd needed a lot more work to rebuild than chelsea did.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I see I missed some quality shit fights. Pity. About the only way to work some quality into a thread about United at the moment.

Last edited:

Haffa

it was a no brainer for Mourinho surely. Man Utd required rebuilding and Chelsea just needed tinkering with.

Mourinho would've been stupid to take up the United job when the chelsea job was such an obvious fit for him.

Martin O'Neill said about the United job about 15 years ago "you don't want to be the man to follow the man. But being the man to follow the man who followed the man is a lot easier."

Anyone who took over from such a great manager would always find it difficult. No matter how the squad looked.

Franke Clarke had a good two years after Clough left but ultimately left half way through the third year, they were last and went down a few months later.

ggmu

Juniors
A win against lolerpool just makes waking up for a Monday that little bit easier

Anyone else piss themselves laughing when Slippy got sent? Lol I couldn't stop laughing haha though the missus could hear me from the bedroom and she wasn't impressed haha

Haffa

I was disappointed Juan wasn't allowed to take the pen. Would have been great to watch him get a HT.

Joely01

Bench
Anyone else piss themselves laughing when Slippy got sent? Lol I couldn't stop laughing haha though the missus could hear me from the bedroom and she wasn't impressed haha

:lol: so he know how to slip over and nutbush.
Two years in a row he has done something in a big game :lol:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Reckon mata would've buried it as well. 3-1 probably would've been fair reflection of the game.

WireMan

Bench

Yes.

The commentators tears were funny as was the attempt to pretend united should have lost a man at any point.

I was disappointed Juan wasn't allowed to take the pen. Would have been great to watch him get a HT.

Yeah, but Rooney is the pen taker and we are not Liverpool who have girly fights over who takes them.

Shame he missed, 3 - 1 would have been a better reflection over the schooling we gave them.

Should of had another two pens also, one where skrtyl pushed Rooney into the goalie and one where the goalie shoved Herrera over.
Also anyone seen the clip of some scouse prick grabbing smalling when balotelli was trying to get sent of?
The same fan pulled balotelli back, like the chicken shit was going to do anything.

Latest posts